Insert current or future date within text of emails

Posting from GH: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/6588

I’d like to be able to put the current date or a future date in the text of the e-mail.

For instance, when I send the e-mail today, I’d like to be able to do something like {date=now} in the E-mail Builder and it would output 14.Set.2018 in the e-mail or however dates are displayed, based on the contact’s preferences or the server’s way date format.

Also, as a bonus, it would be great if we could do something like {date=in_7_days} and it would output 21.Set.2018 in the e-mail.

If this can be done already, please someone tell me, I looked everywhere and found no information about it.

I’d like to say that this is a really nice feature to have, and I’ve been manually adjusting emails for over 1 year due to this.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the forums @shirkit! Glad you think it’s a valuable feature request and thanks for adding your vote!

+1. Would also like to see this feature or know how to do it if possible.

2 Likes

I’m in awe that such a fundamental feature has not been implemented as far as I can see. Does anyone have a work around to simply add the current date to an email template?

yes, need a similar thing. Any update on this?

Hello community and friends,

I agree this is a feature that would add great value to the entire community.

I would love to add it in current or future projects,

2 Likes

I would also love to see this feature.
Any surely working html workaround for current year?

any update on this

This is already working with the Twig Templates Plugin:

{{ contact.automate_trial_end_date|date_modify("+1 day")|date("d.m.Y") }}

Will show one day after the contact’s date value (custom field alias: automate_trial_end_date) in German date format.

You can also just do tomorrow in general:
{{ "now"|date_modify('+1 day')|date("m/d/Y") }}

1 Like