Insert a date into email

Is it possible to insert a specific date into an email using code or the form submission date? My client would like to create offers that are based on the contact’s signup date. I haven’t found a way to do that but if I could find a way to insert specific date, I’d be able to do what they want.

For instance, they’d like to offer a free gift to a client if they sign up in the first month since their contact form submission. They’d also like to input the actual date on the email. So at the end of 1 week, they want to word the email to say: “sign-up by (month, date) and get a free gift.” The month date would be 23 days from the email date, or 30 days from the signup date.

I hope that makes sense. Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris Blair

Is it possible to insert a specific date into an email using code or the form submission date? My client would like to create offers that are based on the contact’s signup date. I haven’t found a way to do that but if I could find a way to insert specific date, I’d be able to do what they want.

For instance, they’d like to offer a free gift to a client if they sign up in the first month since their contact form submission. They’d also like to input the actual date on the email. So at the end of 1 week, they want to word the email to say: “sign-up by (month, date) and get a free gift.” The month date would be 23 days from the email date, or 30 days from the signup date.

I hope that makes sense. Any suggestions appreciated.

Chris Blair

I wanted to give this post a bump to see if anyone has any suggestions for this. I was able to insert a “sign-up date” hidden field into one of my forms so that the notification email shows the sign-up date, but I’m still unable to get this added as a field that can be triggered from within Mautic. This would seem to be a pretty useful function for controlling emails and notifications, especially considering how most campaigns are built using timelines.

Anyone have suggestions of how this can be accomplished? Mautic already registers the sign-up date as you can see it at the very bottom of a contact’s detail view, but I cannot find a way to utilize this in campaigns, nor can I find a way to insert a new field into a form that sends the info to Mautic so that it is usable as a condition in building a campaign. I’m sure it’s “do-able” and that my limited coding skills are the obstacle.

Thanks
Chris Blair