Installation Fails

Hey everyone, just ran into a weird problem installing Mautic into a sub folder on a LEMP box.

I was following these instructions:

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/4966-install-on-nginx-and-in-subfolder/p1#p14035

But this time, the installation wouldn’t start and said “check the system logs.” Logs read something like this:

Code:
[2016-12-13 21:13:02] mautic.NOTICE: DoctrineDBALExceptionConnectionException: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: NO) (uncaught exception) at /var/www/theatereleven.com/public_html/content/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 103 while running console command `mautic:segments:update` [] []

The problem was that the app/logs file was not owned by www-data. In the instructions above, it says to create the logs folder because Mautic wasn't doing that, and then change ownership. But since the latest copy of Mautic DID include the logs folder, I figured the chown command wasn't needed. Turns out... it was.

Install ran fine after that.

Hey everyone, just ran into a weird problem installing Mautic into a sub folder on a LEMP box.

I was following these instructions:
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/4966-install-on-nginx-and-in-subfolder/p1#p14035

But this time, the installation wouldn’t start and said “check the system logs.” Logs read something like this:

[2016-12-13 21:13:02] mautic.NOTICE: DoctrineDBALExceptionConnectionException: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: NO) (uncaught exception) at /var/www/theatereleven.com/public_html/content/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 103 while running console command `mautic:segments:update` [] []

The problem was that the app/logs file was not owned by www-data. In the instructions above, it says to create the logs folder because Mautic wasn’t doing that, and then change ownership. But since the latest copy of Mautic DID include the logs folder, I figured the chown command wasn’t needed. Turns out… it was.

Install ran fine after that.