Installer Loops - Stuck at step 1

Hello,

I have been trying to install mautic 1.1.3 on my ubuntu 14 vps server using the built-in installer and have been getting stuck at step 1. I enter the database credentials and when I try to continue, the “please wait message” appears, then it flashes back to step 1 asking for the database credentials. Sometimes I am able to get it to continue forward to step 3, but it always sends me back to the beginning of the installer.

I checked the mysql database and noticed that the tables do get created. I have also made sure that the apache user and group owns the folders/files.

PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11 - PHP Memory Limit increased to 256 and max execution time increased to 300

MySql Version 5.5.41

All required extensions are installed, including the PDO for MySQL

No errors in the apache error log.

Any ideas on what to look for?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have been trying to install mautic 1.1.3 on my ubuntu 14 vps server using the built-in installer and have been getting stuck at step 1. I enter the database credentials and when I try to continue, the “please wait message” appears, then it flashes back to step 1 asking for the database credentials. Sometimes I am able to get it to continue forward to step 3, but it always sends me back to the beginning of the installer.

I checked the mysql database and noticed that the tables do get created. I have also made sure that the apache user and group owns the folders/files.

PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11 - PHP Memory Limit increased to 256 and max execution time increased to 300
MySql Version 5.5.41
All required extensions are installed, including the PDO for MySQL

No errors in the apache error log.

Any ideas on what to look for?

Thanks!

The installation basically creates a config file at app/config/local.php. Check if that folder has permission to write and that that file is created or not.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply and tip! I checked the folder permissions at /app/config and it is set as writable by the webserver. The local.php file was also created.

I was able to get to step 3, then it looped back to the beginning of the install. I refreshed the page multiple times and the log-in page suddenly appeared. I was able to log-in and use the software. I seem to have a working install now. I’ll report back if I encounter any errors. I am wondering if there was some kind of caching issue?

Best Regards