Installing Mautic on shared host ? Read here

Hi All,

Trying to give back to the community in any way I can.

Feel free to post away your questions about shared hosting and installation and I will help you in installing mautic. I have installed mautic in almost web-hosting provider, here are some tips to get started:

1. Namecheap

Errors faced:

-> Contact Administrator

-> Critical error, fix suhosin

-> php-intl update

-> mod_security (whitelist URLs or update patterns)

Easy fix is contacting the chat client and they will update it.

2. Godaddy

-> No errors faced

3. Bluehost

-> php-intl error

Easy fix is pary you get good support agent, My first support agent did not answer me and was condescending in their tone, second one updated it nicely.

4. Nitrous.pro

-> No errors while installation as they give you SSH access.

Couple of things to do once you have mautic up and running:

Create a .htaccess file in your host directory and enable gzip compression and set expiration dates on your js, css etc. This will help you save time and bandwidth when the mautic tracking pixel is loading for you in the background. If required I can share my settings.

Setup a free CDN, cloudfare works ok and will help in speedy delivery of your content and files.

@Developers and Users

I have not faced any issue till now and was wondering if having a free CDN affects mautic in any way? Would appreciate any suggestions or experience.

Mod_Security issues:

If your application is getting error of not saving any particular module on a shared hosting (namecheap) or is similar to as described here: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/566-email-template-not-working-no-email-after-clicking-save-or-appl

Hi All,

Trying to give back to the community in any way I can.
Feel free to post away your questions about shared hosting and installation and I will help you in installing mautic. I have installed mautic in almost web-hosting provider, here are some tips to get started:

1. Namecheap
    Errors faced:
    -> Contact Administrator
    -> Critical error, fix suhosin
    -> php-intl update
    -> mod_security (whitelist URLs or update patterns)

Easy fix is contacting the chat client and they will update it.

1. Godaddy
    -> No errors faced

2. Bluehost
    -> php-intl error

Easy fix is pary you get good support agent, My first support agent did not answer me and was condescending in their tone, second one updated it nicely.

1. Nitrous.pro
    -> No errors while installation as they give you SSH access.

Couple of things to do once you have mautic up and running:
Create a .htaccess file in your host directory and enable gzip compression and set expiration dates on your js, css etc. This will help you save time and bandwidth when the mautic tracking pixel is loading for you in the background. If required I can share my settings.

Setup a free CDN, cloudfare works ok and will help in speedy delivery of your content and files.
@Developers and Users
I have not faced any issue till now and was wondering if having a free CDN affects mautic in any way? Would appreciate any suggestions or experience.

Mod_Security issues:
If your application is getting error of not saving any particular module on a shared hosting (namecheap) or is similar to as described here: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/566-email-template-not-working-no-email-after-clicking-save-or-appl

Thanks for writing this guide!

I asked the cloudlfare folks about tracking pixels and here’s what they said:

[quote]Me:
@CloudFlare does cloudflare present any obstacles for the use of tracking pixels? (Not Google Analytics, but a generic tracker.gif)

@xxdesmus
@drmmr763 @CloudFlare nope. You’ll want to make sure you bypass cache on the gif though. Otherwise we’ll cache it.

@xxdesmus
@drmmr763 @CloudFlare assuming it’s loading from your CloudFlare protected domain[/quote]

I think that just means in your cloudflare control panel you can ignore mautic gif from being cached.

Adding a second post, if your application is getting error of not saving any particular module on a shared hosting (namecheap) or is similar to as described here: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/566-email-template-not-working-no-email-after-clicking-save-or-appl

It is recommended to contact your webhosting technical team and ask them to add a whitelist in modsecurity module.

@chad.windnagle
how may i edit my first post?

I think editing isn’t allowed after a number of days. But I can add your updates if you like for you.

@chad.windnagle
Sure, I will be bothering you time to time to make an exhaustive list out of my experience and learnings :stuck_out_tongue:
Please do update. Thanks.

Added!

Hi, I am running into problems with the configuration of Mautic when CloudFlare is on. Thus I have to learn how to bypass the Mautic subdirectory from being cached by CloudFlare. Any advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated? Thank you in advance.

Any one have luck on siteground

Just a comment for anyone using Namecheap.

I basically just contacted them and provided them with a login to my Mautic instance. They logged in, saw the error and added the necessary whitelist to mod_security.

Works well so far!

It might be worth noting how to setup the CRON jobs here?

Hi- I have issues with Siteground- I’ve installed it ok- and added the cron jobs- but none of the links are working at all after I login…

It might be a .htaccess issue. Contact Siteground and ask for help.

Thanks for your advice- it ws really helpful to know it was not an error my side or mautic side- yes I contacted siteground- it was not a htaccess issue- some problem their end with PHP, they sorted it very promptly.

In other news I am a complete noob on a steep learning curve- have set the root on cron jobs like this on siteground-

usr/bin/php/home/myusername/public_html/mylocationformautic/app/console thecutandpaste:thecommands

if that is right then hopefully it will be helpful to someone on this thread at some point also on shared hosting…

I would do yourself a favor, if you are trying to install on shared hosting, use a host that has Softaculous. None of the EIG owned hosts offer it anymore, but you wouldn’t want one of those hosts anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo2Zp-Lce1I

Hello, I’m unable to install Mautic to the domain I want it to be set up on. My Deluxe GoDaddy shared hosting account has one domain as the primary (domain abc.com) with its files in the root. All other domains are set up in subfolders of that root.

I’ve been able to verify that Mautic does not install to the non-primary domain. It will only install to the primary domain. I’ve posted about it here to no avail yet - .

In speaking with GoDaddy and my own testing, the only way to get it setup on domain xyz.com would be to shuffle my entire server around which I’m hesitant to do.

Any thoughts?

Hi
I am really struggling with the installation phase.
I have been able to upload Mautic to my server (dreamhost- shared server) and I am running into a couple of issues that I cannot solve.
The first one is:
Install and enable the fileinfo extension.
Dreamhost support staff is telling me that I need to do it myself and they cannot help me.
They gave me a couple of links to do it myself but I don’t really understand what I need to do.
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Fileinfo

and 2 Recommendations:
memory_limit setting
Install and enable the intl extension.

According to Dreamhost staff, this is also done via phprc files.

I would appreciate some guidance to do it correctly and not mess up my sites’ configuration.
Thanks