Is it possible to set a maximum sending speed for campaigns and segment emails? Making the sending a little more drip like instead of everything all at once?

Is it possible to set a maximum sending speed for campaigns and segment emails? Making the sending a little more drip like instead of everything all at once? So even though the segment has 10,000 leads and the email service (for example Amazon SES) allows for very fast sending it will not send out everything as fast as it can but instead drip send it over a specified time period. Anyone here having any ideas how this can be achieved? :slight_smile:

I have watched this video from Joey Keller but I don’t think it covers this specific question.

Hi,
You can slow down your email ‘heartbeat’ by limiting emails sent per time period.

If you set your emails to queue sending, then the mautic:emails:send command will push the emails out from the /var/spool folder to Amazon SES.
If you want to send slower, for example 10 emails / min, you can use this command:

mautic:emails:send –message-limit=10

And call it every minute from cron.
Does this help?

Thank you. The problem I see with that approach though, is that we have multiple campaigns running and and it would be an issue throttling the sending speed to just 10 emails a minute. But maybe if we set it to 10 emails a minute per campaign it could work.

Just so I’m 100% on board. There’s no way to more randomly send out emails accordingly to some kind of preset? Like, a setting that makes the segment email send out at maximum 1% of the leads in the segment every X minute?

I saw this thread now and it covers my last question: I absolutely need a throttling feature between emails - #2 by joeyk

Cool. If you do the switmailer hack, plz remember, that Mautic 5 will drop swiftmailer and you’ll have to deal with symfony mailer.

I see. Thank you for the heads up!