Is Mautic for 1 Domain or Many?

Hi,

We have a holding company that manages the mailing list for our 5 Organistaional Units / Companies that also each run their own websites. My question therefore is, are we better to run 5 instances of Mautic one for each company or is it better to run just one instance of Mautic uisng a new FQDN?

On the same point I would gather that if 1 instance was being usied then the analytics tag would not be for any of the companies websites rather a new tag specific to the FQDN of the mautic instance?

Thank in Advance

Hi,
We have a holding company that manages the mailing list for our 5 Organistaional Units / Companies that also each run their own websites. My question therefore is, are we better to run 5 instances of Mautic one for each company or is it better to run just one instance of Mautic uisng a new FQDN?

On the same point I would gather that if 1 instance was being usied then the analytics tag would not be for any of the companies websites rather a new tag specific to the FQDN of the mautic instance?

Thank in Advance

Currently its a single instance only. An “agency” edition is supposed to be in work. However, I’m not sure if for mautic.com only or also for the self hosted version.

[quote=12435:@kuzmany]I have several domains with one mautic. But these domains are from same client.
I don’t recommend use different clients with one Mautic.[/quote]
How do you use more than one domain?

We have 1 Mautic instance and are using the mautic tracking code installed on about 8 different domain / websites… It is as pretty simple. If it is a Wordpress website, you just download the Mautic Wordpress plugin, and put int he main URL of your Mautic install. On other websites, you can install the tracking pixel code within the page or entire website as you wish… It will then track the users as they browse across all of these websites.

We have tested and managed to run mautic in different domains just by adding an alias with the domain to vhost. This allows you to have domains like the following: marketing.domain.com, landingpages.domain.com … In addition to this, the client should point the domain / subdomain dns to your server.

Anyway, I think one of the things that lacks a mautic is the “customers” part. That each client can have their access, their domain, their roles, their own campaigns … in short, the entire ecosystem filtered by client. This would be awesome