💧 Is there a way to make a 'drip' campaign in Mautic? Where an email is sent only to a small percentage of the segment over a chosen time period

You mean, for example, you have 1,000 users, and you want to send emails to only 100 user every 10 minutes or hour? Is that what you are trying to achieve?

2 Likes

@devsrealm Yes excactly!

An example is that we sometimes ask our followers to reach out to a company, that we are trying to go fur free.
We don’t want everyone to write them at the same time, so we want the email to spread out over a couple of days.

Oh, You can do that, but there is no way to do it for a specific segment in the mautic dashboard, so, I’ll suggest you trigger the specific email ID with a cron job, and you then add a delay between when it would call the cron job, the below send 20 emails every 2hours.

0 */2 * * * php /path/to/mautic/bin/console mautic:broadcasts:send --limit=20 --id=ID --channel=email

–limit=X option describes how many contacts will be added to the command at each run. Default is 100 contacts, so, setting it to 20 processes 20 contact every 2 hours

–id=X is what ID of email to send.

2 Likes

Ah okay, I thought it might be possible through a cron job - but hoping it could be done in a campaign :slight_smile: I will have my colleague try this - I don’t have much knowledge about the back-end stuff myself.

Since you can write a specific email ID in the cron job, does that mean that we can have other send outs in the same period that is sent through the normalt cron job?

Thank you for help! I really appreciate it :raised_hands:

1 Like

Yes, exactly. It shouldn’t interfere. As with other things, make sure you always run a test on a staging environment.

Good luck.

1 Like