Issue with button functionality

Your software
My Mautic version is: Mautic 5.0.2
My PHP version is: 8.0
My Database type and version is:10.2.44-MariaDB

Your problem

Hi Community !

I have just installed Mautic 5.0.2, and I am facing an issue with the functioning of form buttons. The information is correctly being saved in Mautic, but a message “Please wait” appears in the button, and the intended actions do not execute (e.g., downloading a resource, displaying a validation message, etc.). This problem affects all my forms. I believe I may have overlooked something in the configuration.

Thank you for your help.

Hello!
If this happens, plz check for javascript errors in your browser’s console.
Any 500 errors shown?

Here is the error displayed in my log.
[2024-02-09T16:28:18.734692+00:00] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Unable to connect with STARTTLS: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=#######' did not match expected CN=localhost’ {“hostname”:“#######”,“pid”:1041563}

An email error, are you trying to send an email on the back of a form action? if so check your email settings as something is not right there.

To me it sounds like you have javascript errors due to wrong domain config in your mautic. Site url might be wrongly added. Maybe regenerating assets would help.

Thank you for your responses.

The email is actually sent and received. So the problem doesn’t come from the email settings. However, the action doesn’t end with displaying a thank you message or redirecting to another page. No resource can be downloaded either. I’ve checked everything, but without success.

It seems that the issue is related to using a form on a domain different from where my Mautic instance is hosted. I manage several different domains: do I need to create a specific version of Mautic for each domain? This wouldn’t be very practical…

I have finally found a solution which I am sharing here for those who are or will be concerned. The method of inserting a form in JavaScript or in an iframe works on the same domain but not on a different domain from where the Mautic version is installed. As I want to be able to manage several of my sites on a single version of Mautic, I used the second option of manual copy (“Copy and paste the form’s content into the document’s body”).

For me, it’s the only option that worked properly to manage external sites without the form submission button freezing.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.