Lead IP location doesn't work

Hello,

When we receive visitors in our web, mautic stores as anonymous leads by IP adress. But doesn’t take the location IP. It was an error? I run DNS through Cloudflare, this could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

When we receive visitors in our web, mautic stores as anonymous leads by IP adress. But doesn’t take the location IP. It was an error? I run DNS through Cloudflare, this could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Yes, it is most likely the Cloudflare server that is communicating with your Mautic tracking.
Does it work if you disable the cache?

Try excluding your Mautic tracking URL from the cache.
See https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200172316-How-do-I-exclude-a-specific-URL-from-CloudFlare-s-caching-

Because https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1231

Ok thanks! And now, what are Mautic plans about it? Plans to add other IP lookup supplier or suggests to install Telize in our servers ?

Thanks

This is what the Mautic community plans about it: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/1252

@wwpelectroniks sill you can change Telize for another IP lookup provider. Find it in configuration.

Many thanks guys ! All works well.

I’ve been trying different providers from the drop down list in config for almost a month and have not gotten a single one to produce the location information. Can someone suggest a provider that works?

In my case when we receive visitors in our web mautic tracks the same IP adress. For example, if there are many people with the same wi-fi, mautic only recognizes the first person who clicks in the external link. The other people who links later, don’t exist for mautic. Also, mautic doesn’t recognizes our leads’ activity. Name, e-mail adress… doesn’t appears. My dns is in CDMON.

Can you help me??? Thanks in advance

OK - It’s time to admit I’m beaten.

Running 4 test installations - 1.4.1 x 3 & thought I’d try 2.0 - all will slightly different configs.
Cannot get the IP location to show on any. Have tried every possible permutation. Manual download of Mindmax / auto upgrade. Logged out / set my IP to the other side of the world, different crons. Nothing.

Please don’t tell me there is a tick box somewhere that must be ticked?

BG info:
PHP Version 5.6.23
shared server (should not matter however)

Everything else works ‘perfectly’ & 2.0 is excellent btw.

Any assistance on this would have a dramatic effect on my life.

Cheers

@waosau First make sure you are using version 2.0. (just noticed you mentioned 2.0, try below)

In your 2.0 config, use Maxmind - Geolite2 City Download, download the files, and save.

Also, make sure you have the tracking pixel installed on your pages. If you do and you still aren’t getting data, try adding the script for third party landing pages. I’m not even sure which is the prefered method, I think I’m only using the pixel.

Thanks @buckhornmktg
Yes - v2.0.1
Script already added - records website visits AOK. - no IP / location data
I had not installed the tracking pixel however - now installed. Still no IP / location data.
I know it’s tough to troubleshoot from across the world. This is not a critical element, but for some reason it’s really sucked me in and needs to be fixed. Can’t sleep / can’t eat… :slight_smile:

@waosau do you have anonymous leads enabled in your contact list?

“is:anonymous” in the filter field?

@buckhornmktg indeed I do - there is hope after all…

so - created a form - plugged it in - and awesomeness abounds. It now all works with IP.
I understand we now can’t get IP/location data from an email - must be website touch point generated.

Thanks very much mate. I appreciated your time.

@waosau You can get it from the emails that Mautic sends. You may also be able to put the tracking pixel into your regular emails, but I haven’t tried this. Glad you got it all figured out.