Limit form to just one submission

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.2.2
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: MySQL 5.6

My problem is: My client sends Gift Cards to customers that experience issues with their online loan applications. We accomplish this by sending the contacts an email with a link to a Mautic landing page containing a simple form they fill out to receive the gift card. This triggers an email that is sent to the person that handles sending the gift cards to the customers.

The problem is that the form can be filled out and submitted over and over. How can I limit the form just one submission?

The form only asks for first name, last name and email address, and it must match their existing contact email address to be valid. I know Mautic pretty well but just don’t see a way to accomplish this. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Chris Blair

I am not sure how you could do this without using some kind of javascript to show the form based on a specific value,

Your other option is to let people fill in the form as many times as you want, but only have it send off one notification. Setting up a campaign that does not let contacts restart, or maybe tagging them inside a campaign.

Actually thinking of the tagging option here is an idea.

Have a campaign that starts with the form submission.
First Action: Modify Contact Tag → Assign them a tag “form-filled-out”
Second Action: Send notification to the person who issues the gift cards

Then when you create your landing page you can use dynamic content based on whether the tag is present or not.
If the tag is not present you call up the form, and if the tag is present, then you display a message that they have already filled out the form.

Only issue here is not sure dynamic content is working in landing pages in 4.x

Let me know how you go