Link contacts to tracked leads

I currently have leads generated through a download (not via a Mautic form), and I capture IP addresses. If I’m separately creating contacts in Mautic, how do I link these contacts to the tracking cookie? Can I just add the IP address and will that do the trick?

Which brings me to the next question - any thoughts on the best way to transfer newly generated leads from my CRM (not included in the plugins) to Mautic? Manual or manual via csv isn’t going to be a runner here.

My objective is to track points for contacts’ web activity.

Also, what are the main differences between Hosted and self hosted?

I currently have leads generated through a download (not via a Mautic form), and I capture IP addresses. If I’m separately creating contacts in Mautic, how do I link these contacts to the tracking cookie? Can I just add the IP address and will that do the trick?

Which brings me to the next question - any thoughts on the best way to transfer newly generated leads from my CRM (not included in the plugins) to Mautic? Manual or manual via csv isn’t going to be a runner here.

My objective is to track points for contacts’ web activity.

Also, what are the main differences between Hosted and self hosted?

Hey, check https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/1148-importing-leads-through-integration

For the differences between self hosted and mauic.com, here is my view: http://johnlinhart.com/blog/2-ways-how-to-host-mautic

Ha! I was just reading that!

So to be clear, the IP will link previous (since cookie implementation) and future web activity?

Mautic will merge the lead with the submitted data by IP address in this header:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array("X-Forwarded-For: $ip"));

Thanks!

So the only limitation of the hosted version is number of contacts & plugins, but this is the same as self hosted if you go to the pro plan on hosted?

Pro plan is quite close to the self-hosted but it has some limitations like maximally 1000 emails sent per hour, but you should ask this kind of questions directly to mautic.com support. This forum is for the self-hosted version.