Mail clients compatibility : am i missing something

Hello,

I’m trying to find the best self-hosted e-mailing software for my company and i’ve been checking out Mautic the last few days.

While Mautic seems in term of functionnalities ideal for our needs, espacially the e-mail template builder, my first attemps at sending e-mails to our client (Outlook 2010) give pretty bad results with a broken layout.

Here’s some examples of problems i’ve been encountering before even really diving into the soft :

• Buttons don’t display as expected because Outlook can’t handle links as block element
  • Columns arn’t vertically aligned, could be easealy fixed by setting a vertical-align in style
  • Some table widths are not respected
  • I’ve encountered images that don’t respect the max-width 100% and overflow their container

Now, my question is quite simple : is Mautic simply not built to display e-mails correctly in Outlook, or am i just missing something ? Is it possible to apply manual fixes to the template builder to use more Outlook-compliant HTML ?

Hello,

I’m trying to find the best self-hosted e-mailing software for my company and i’ve been checking out Mautic the last few days.

While Mautic seems in term of functionnalities ideal for our needs, espacially the e-mail template builder, my first attemps at sending e-mails to our client (Outlook 2010) give pretty bad results with a broken layout.

Here’s some examples of problems i’ve been encountering before even really diving into the soft :

• Buttons don’t display as expected because Outlook can’t handle links as block element
  • Columns arn’t vertically aligned, could be easealy fixed by setting a vertical-align in style
  • Some table widths are not respected
  • I’ve encountered images that don’t respect the max-width 100% and overflow their container

Now, my question is quite simple : is Mautic simply not built to display e-mails correctly in Outlook, or am i just missing something ? Is it possible to apply manual fixes to the template builder to use more Outlook-compliant HTML ?

Microsoft Outlook 2010 email client always have been a pain for marketers due there email renders problem.
The best you can do in try to create a custom email template that works 95% for all email clients (i know if hard but is possible)

I know Outlook is a pain in the ass, i have been doing pure HTML e-mailing for quite a while, but the thing is once you understand it’s limits, it’s not that hard go get over them. Mailchimp proposes responsive templates that work 100% with Outlook, sadly i can’t use it because my company’s policy doesn’t allow the use of tools hosted outside our network.

Fixing the templates is one thing, but the builder in itselfs produces HTML code that completly breaks in Outlook. I just think it’s a really strange choice to put so much work into a professional looking tool but completly forget compliance with the most used e-mail client there is, however crappy it is. I’m now thinking about building my own tool seing how much time it would take me to fix Mautic’s templating system.

Outlook is a nightmare for all of us.
Is necessary to fix manually all graphic elements in html mode to ensure compatibility.
Buttons and images must to have correct sizes,. If not, result will be horrible…