Mandrill - Invalid API key

Hi guys,

Setting up Mandrill to work with Mautic, we get this message “Invalid API key”.

Are we missing something? I don’t see anywhere in Mautic to enter the API Key.

Chad,
Thanks for the follow up. I deleted the old version and installed the new one and it works great now!

Derek

Hi guys,

Setting up Mandrill to work with Mautic, we get this message “Invalid API key”.

Are we missing something? I don’t see anywhere in Mautic to enter the API Key.

Hi Steve!

Set the Mailer Username as the API key in Mautic’s configuration since Mandril uses the API key for logging in. “Mailer Username” is generically used across all the mailers. We’ll try to catch the “Invalid API key” message from Mandrill and return something more Mautic centric to make it a bit clearer on what’s missing.

Thanks,
Alan

Sorry, I meant "Username for the selected mail service " :slight_smile:

Hey Team,
I am also getting this error, even after putting the API key in for "Username for the selected mail service ". I’ve also tried it with and without a password. I also generated a new API key, too.

This is self hosted on GoDaddy.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Derek

ps Awesome software by the way.

Hi Zennerd:

So you will need the mandrill username as the API key, and then the api key from mandrill as the API secret key.

You might also need to set Mandrill to allow the domain name to be used with that API Key. Also after you set the keys, try dleeting app/cache and letting it rebuild its self, its possible it isn’t deleting properly and that’s causing issues.

This happened to me…

1- I added my domain name in Mandrill to the Settings >> Domains >> Sending Domains list
2- Then I renamed the two folders inside of “…/app/cache”.
3- Finally I used the Mandrill user name as the username and the Mandril API key as the password.

IT WORKED!! This is just a simple summary of what Chad said above. Thanks Chad!