Manually trigger campaign (RSS to email, when new blog post is available)

@donbowman Thanks or your suggestions. I agree with you, the condition is the better approach when working with campaigns.

Although I’m still thinking of the actually e-mails. Campaigns are really related to individual contacts. So let say you have a segment of 10k+ contacts. You set-up a campaign that sends an email after a new post appears in the rss feed (via the new condition). That would mean 10k+ events, sent mails one-by-one (not in bulk), etc. I don’t think most of the Mautic installations will appreciate that.

Technically what you want to do is to send a “segment email” that is created and send automatically after a new post in a rss-feed. Upside is that you will create an archive of all the e-mail that were sent in the past.

What do you think of that?

1 Like

well, i guess i dream of the 10K+ :slight_smile:

i think its a good idea. I’'m a bit not understanding mautic and how it scales, e…g. i currently do about 10 blog posts/mo, does this mean i will have 500 lines in the front-end each year? and their names would be? the blog post name? YYYY-mm-dd-title?

My plan is to use a category to allow a user to sub/unsub to the blog list separately, i think this would be compatible.

@chrisraow In theory, that would ONLY send when there is a new post regardless of the time in which the post was created, right? I’m curious your thoughts on the ability to send out the email for new posts at a scheduled time (8:00am for example).

@nextafter-dan My idea now is to extend the “segment email” (broadcast) functionality. Here you can schedule an e-mail for a specific day and time. When the e-mail is send it will check if there is an rss configured for the e-mail. If the Rss is configured for the e-mail it will copy the current e-mail, set the publish date to the schedule you defined for the rss. Before the e-mail is actually sent it will check if there is a new item in the rss feed, if so it will send the e-mail, if not if will change the publish date to the next moment according to your defined schedule.

Hey Chris,
Great plugin btw :slight_smile:
Will you create a new scheduled segment email in your plugin? (I think that is the best way.)
If so, could we configure the parameters for example:

1. which email to clone (ID)
  2. define sending time
  3. define UTM param

Thx,
Joey

@joeyk Thanks!

I did some research yesterday and I have now all the information to accomplish this. The good news is that it will be possbile to do this. “Bad news” is that it requires quite some work. Currently I’m pretty busy, so have to it bit by bit. Will let you know when I have something to test.

3 Likes

Hey @chrisraow wanted to see if you or @joeyk had any updates on this?

I’m looking for the same solution to do a weekly email (in general, but maybe not always) when my podcast is published.

Just curious if you were able to make any further progress :slight_smile:

Hi @zhammer. Thank you for you interest. I did some ground work, but also waiting or a PR to be approved on the Mautic core. Add possibility to extend the email form template (edit emails) by ChrisRAoW · Pull Request #10401 · mautic/mautic · GitHub

When approved and released we can roll this out as a plugin.

2 Likes

I saw, that code review passed already.
I hope it will be included in 4.0.1

any news on your plugin? now this feature is included in the mautic 4.1

2 Likes

How’s the progress?