Marketing Team meeting notes 21st January 2020

@here Welcome to the team meeting! If you haven’t done an asynchronous meeting before, please respond in threads :slightly_smiling_face:Also note you can start a reply with :bust_in_silhouette: to be anon, or :no_entry_sign: to go off the record and not be included in the notes, which will be exported and saved to Google Docs, and posted on the Community Forums.The meeting will be open for 24 hours, after which the notes will be exported. People may comment thereafter but these won’t be included in the notes.Let’s get going! :arrow_down:

0️⃣ Introductions - A quick intro including (as you like) who you are, where you’re from, how you’re involved with Mautic and this team (or how you would like to get involved if you’re new - welcome! :wave:) and what has been the best part of the week so far!

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hi all, I’m Ruth and I’m based in the UK. I’m the Community Manager and have been involved with Mautic pretty much since it was launched as a contributor. So far the best part of my week has been the stunning sunrise and sunsets in a blue sky over a frosty, cold world!
Nico Grienauer (he/him) I'm Nico From Vienna, Since 2005 in the Drupal CMS Area and since 2009 Board Member from Drupal Austria. I help to spread Open Source Software and develop it further. I am Founder of acolono.com a company with 10 Employees specialized in Drupal, Styleguides, Audits/analytics/metrics.
floris I am floris from netherlands, since 2008 in the Drupal CMS and since 2013 in the board of Dutch drupal Assoc, generally open source enthusiast. for about a year working with mautic, helping out where i can.
ekke Hi folks, this is Ekke, with a 30-people agency in Hannover, Germany. Been doing OS since 2003, mostly TYPO3 CMS and historically very active in that community. These days trying to contribute all available time to bringing Mautic forward.

1️⃣ Review actions from last meeting - https://forum.mautic.org/t/meeting-notes-15th-jan-2020/12318

https://github.com/mautic/docker-mautic and https://hub.docker.com/r/mautic/mautic/ - but do you mean something different?

Nico Grienauer (he/him) also the repo you send, then should have a branch or have the latest mautic version set as a base.
Nico Grienauer (he/him) (i have not dig into this the docker btw) just my 2c what I would expect/like to have to get more people involved with as less pain to test the system as possible.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I believe Luize is working on it
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Worth having your conversations in #docker @Nico Grienauer (he/him) :slightly_smiling_face: Let’s keep this focused on the dev/staging environment article - appreciate containers may form a part of that
ekke :+1:
ekke Conclusion / next action?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Next action being, if would be helpful if someone who does this often or has insight into the workflows might be able to help with writing. My head is not in the actual application of Mautic so much these days and I want this article to be credible best practice :slightly_smiling_face:
ekke Next action being, if would be helpful if someone who does this often or has insight into the workflows might be able to help with writing.@channel any suggestions, who could we ask to help here?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I made a start on this here by writing up the brief in a bit more detail: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-tpfPoDUGQYYQIYH-Qlmki5ulvwEN2-6U6ZS2I-kP_4/edit?usp=sharing - I haven’t started writing it yet though. I think @prodigitude was interested in helping but also wondered if @norman any of your team might be able to contribute as well, based on your experience with Mautic?
Nico Grienauer (he/him) I have postet this somewhere else… but I think it would also benefit this step… how about having an "official" docker setup which can help to test mautic… so with mailhog, traefik, … this would be great to test mautic 3 and help to develop it further…
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) There is an official docker

1️⃣ . 2️⃣ Mautic 3 release schedule

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) The Beta did not land yesterday and there have been some helpful discussions on how we manage those on M2 who still need things like Zoho, Maxmind etc to function until they upgrade.The current thinking is a 2.15.4 bugfix/backward port of the critical features to tide us over until those folks migrate to M3.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We talked last meeting about doing some social media for the Beta release, just to let folk know it’s there for testing
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I made a folder here so we can create a spreadsheet for social media - @prodigitude I think you were going to find some you have used in the past, let me know if you’re struggling as I can find some if we need to :slightly_smiling_face:Ideally then we can have these as individual tasks for folk to pick up on Trello
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1d4lcJM5kwDEYulnmrQ0hz4NorTjlXgsC?usp=sharing <- here’s the Google Drive folder for the social media
ekke The current thinking is a 2.15.4 bugfix/backward port of the critical features to tide us over until those folks migrate to M3Ooops.. Missed that one, is that from a private discussion? (edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) That discussion was happening in #t-product and #mautic-3
ekke oh, t-product is a good one, thanks!

1️⃣ .3️⃣ Plan campaign for Mautic 3 general availability

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Would someone like to step up and take this on?It would be great if someone would like to plan out a campaign for this - doesn’t have to be massive but would be nice to try and get some features/writeups, alongside the basics of an article on mautic.org, social media posts, and ensuring that contributors are recognised for all the work that has gone into it etc.I’m happy to help support!
Nico Grienauer (he/him) campaign is a huge "word" is t "just" for the blogpost and sm post along? or is it also for ADs (will there be an ADs budget?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Campaign meaning anything that we send out relating to the M3 launch. That might perhaps include content, working with the product team on release notes, social media posts, third parties who want info about what’s coming to write their own content, update/migrate instructions, etc. I don’t feel using paid ads at this point would be a good use of budget (edited)
jordan8037310 Mautic up and running for Mautic.org (separate from Mautic.com)Personalized email outreach for segmented lists from Mautic OSS leadership. (@mautic.org addresses)Garner attention and feedback from those who may have strayed away from Mautic.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Mautic instance is a separate topic, and yes that’s some great suggestions!
ekke campaign is a huge "word"I agree that paid ads do not make sense at this point, and that in general we are not in good shape for a big splash...For me it's threefold:a) What are the core messages and phrases?b) What are the core resources / pieces of content (Blog post, Video, md, updated documentation, FAQ, ...) and who takes care of what?c) What are the channels for seeding, who who is writing that copy?Maybe split up https://trello.com/c/INSppZ32/6-plan-campaign-announcing-general-availability-of-mautic-3 to make it more accessible?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes, totally agree @ekke and also that means people can see clearly what needs to be done. But we need someone to figure out the smaller chunks, and break them out, etc. that’s what I was asking for, maybe not as clearly as I could have done :slightly_smiling_face:
ekke oh I see :slightly_smiling_face:
ekke didn't get that, indeed!
ekke Do you know if there will be anything from t-education?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We have the team meeting tomorrow, but it has been a little quiet of late
ekke Just wanted to know - so "updated documentation" is not part of M3, no problem
ekke thx
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Well, there will need to be PR’s made to the developer documentation I believe

1️⃣ .4️⃣ Mautic.org website rebuild progress report

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) The first sprint is coming to an end and there is a sprint demo tomorrow (Wednesday). 0900hrs UK time, appreciate it’s not the best time for some - the team are in India hence trying to fit in with timezones! We will make a recording and share on Drive. If you’d like to attend let me know, it will be on Zoom.

1️⃣ .5️⃣ FOSDEM & Mautic Community marketing materials

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We now have a budget from Acquia for marketing and approval for the roll-up banner, booth, and some A5 fliers - plus a re-run of the stickers.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Take a look at the Trello card here: https://trello.com/c/3GBFj4y6/11-create-marketing-materials-for-fosdem for the visuals, I’ve suggested we go with the first design with the arrow taking into account conversations on Slack here: https://mautic.slack.com/archives/CQVHG9X1N/p1579260124001600
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We could do with some input on the wording - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GPkZTSI_IY467DMn5eVLCy_vTKelMsB1-1yVmSmbxqg/edit?usp=sharing
jordan8037310 nice banners :+1: (edited)

2️⃣ mautic.org Mautic instance

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We discussed last week about starting afresh or using the existing instance. I only had feedback from @ekke on this, and on whether we use a cloud-based instance of Mautic, or a self-hosted instance. Please give your thoughts below, as I want to ensure we’re all on board with whatever we decide.Here’s the previous thread for the back-story: https://mautic.slack.com/archives/CQVHG9X1N/p1579030388022000
jordan8037310 I believe an Acquia hosted instance is fine until such time that the requirements for custom plugins proves necessary. Better to spend the teams time and energy on producing rather than maintaining.
jordan8037310 However, we've recently gone through forking mautic-docker to a kubernetes-enabled HA version, and are building up the repository for CI/CD around such operations. To be OSS'd, but I present it as an option for future reference.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Thanks for the suggestion, definitely worth considering in the future. I’m inclined to agree that our time and resources are very limited right now. I’ve asked the question about whether we can export if we wanted to self host in the future and will report back on that
ekke :+1:

3️⃣ GDPR

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We had a GDPR erasure request come through last week. I’ve been working on this, but the process is largely undocumented.I’ve made a start, and the work I am doing is in the Legal & Finance team folder on Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/159_B3pi7_LweUiC9r8qGTfGzzvMxtsSq?usp=sharing
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We need to ensure we have an up-to-date audit as our baseline, and then going forward, team leads will be responsible for reviewing it on a six-monthly (I think that’s appropriate - let me know your thoughts) basis.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) If anyone would like to work with me on this please let me know. It’s a big job initially but once we’ve got the audit done and a process/workflow in place (which I think will become a ‘runbook’ of sorts in the marketing/community team’s handbook) it should be a case of reviewing regularly and acting on any requests.
jordan8037310 A request to mautic.org? Has this been handled in the product roadmap? How will Mautic allow administrators to safely delete information from both the current active instance and backups? Should it be something we're discussing in #t-product ?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Indeed, a request to Mautic.org for removal from community resources. Someone who has in the past been on our mailing list in the community. This is not talking about how we manage it in the product, this is talking about how the community marketing team processes GDPR requests from the community
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) In case that wasn’t clear in my earlier messages
ekke I would tend to postpone this issue. To be fully GDPR compliant internally is a but work indeed ("Records of Processing Activities", .. :face_vomiting:), and I don't sse why it should be a priority right now
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) right, I have to do some of this work because we have a request to respond to. So I’ve done stuff as I went along (identifying sources, etc)
ekke the only action there is to manually erase the specific case and be done, no?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) yes, but to do that I had to identify all the sources etc. and in that process, found we don’t have that info documented or have an audit. so just flagging we need to get on that :slightly_smiling_face:
ekke hmm, by sources you mean "places where personal data ist kept"?As for flagging: :+1:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) yerp
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) (we have quite a lot!)

4️⃣ Any other business

5️⃣ Next meeting date: Tuesday, 28th January at 1900hrs UK time (https://everytimezone.com/s/400bc199)

Participants:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her), Nico Grienauer (he/him), floris, ekke, jordan8037310

1 Like