Mautic Community Forums

Notes from Meeting on 9th April, 2020

0️⃣ Introductions - who you are, how you’re using Mautic and (edited)

Ekke Guembel (he/him) @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @Oluwatobi @rteijeiro @floris @Nico Grienauer (he/him) let's not forget the Intro, regardless of the live call :slightly_smiling_face: (edited)
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Me, I am Ekke, currently the team lead here. I am running an agency (corporate web projects and marketing) with a team of 30, most of which currently in their home office like everywhere. And honestly, the business is no fun these days. But I strongly believe that Mautic has a bright future, and I am willing to help as good as I can to let that become reality!
Oluwatobi Owolabi Oluwatobi (Tobi for short) Marketing Team Assistant lead. I worked as a Marketing Expert.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hello all, I’m Ruth and based in the UK - have been involved with Mautic since it was released, and now work for Acquia as the Mautic Community Manager to help the Open Source community grow and thrive :slightly_smiling_face: Also very much looking forward to a long weekend over the Easter weekend!

1️⃣ Sprint

1️⃣ .:one: Review of Sprint

Ekke Guembel (he/him) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lDAD4NMJkLxk7wTuvUtEUgjo-Z4z1ZnQIi0BD2AYzHU/edit#
Ekke Guembel (he/him) please add ANY thoughts here!
Dennis Ameling Done :thumbsup:

1️⃣ .2️⃣ Following up with all Sign-Ups (edited)

Ekke Guembel (he/him) I took the task of personally contacting EVERYONE who signed up (https://mautic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CT/pages/1343654/Following+up+with+Event+attendees ) to the teamleads, asked them not to loose any time (edited)

1️⃣ .3️⃣ MautiCafe and Ask-Me-Anything (edited)

Ekke Guembel (he/him) @rteijeiro will take care this this ("once a week", "all sorts of chat allowed", ..) - and work with @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) for communication
Ekke Guembel (he/him) @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) offered to do an AMA, too - probably starting as a monthly offering, live but also with async collection of questions in #ama
Ekke Guembel (he/him) in the live call the idea was to communicate both thing separately - get the MautiCafe out next week (!)and let the AMA follow a week or two later.
Ekke Guembel (he/him) By the way, we need a final name for the "MautiCafe", one that makes it most easy to grasp the friendly, personal, informal nature of this thing
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think MautiCafe is a good one also. It suggests welcoming, relaxed etc.

2️⃣ : Open Tasks from Sprint

Ekke Guembel (he/him) Post-it board: https://stickies.io/boards/5e875638ee3905527e9dc9fc#1

2️⃣ .1️⃣ MautiCon

Ekke Guembel (he/him) Notes from Sprint: https://stickies.io/boards/5e8c23c4d6a2f71cb5b98d12#1
Ekke Guembel (he/him) We established a permanent Working Group #wg-mauticon for this task - members so far: @rteijeiro @floris @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @ekke---> Anybody else who would like to help shaping this event?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Maybe cross-post into #mauticon
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Good idea! With @channel / @here? That would have to be you...
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Also, we are looking for two suggested dates for this single-day event. - e.g. but not necessarily in November.Question (1) What is the best day of week?Question (2) What are dates with least collisions? (e.g. religious holidays etc. seehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multinational_festivals_and_holidays#November, but also with related events
Ekke Guembel (he/him) ad (2) personally, I would avoid weekends but also Mondays and Fridays (based on the assumption that our main target audience are agencies).And even Thursdays because in some countries weekend starts on Friday.-> So maybe we pick a Tuesday and a Wednesday?
Ekke Guembel (he/him) ok, to me these days sound as good as most other in November:Tue 10/NovWed 18/NovObjections, anyone?/cc @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @Nico Grienauer (he/him) @Oluwatobi @rteijeiro
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Either are fine but I thought the point was to give options as to what month to hold it, rather than which day in November? Maybe I misunderstood though!
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) however the 11th is veterans day in the USA, so if you were planning a contribution day the next day after the conference I’d probably avoid that date
Ekke Guembel (he/him) oh ok, I recalled it as just "two days to choose from"...But sure,why not offer one of 'em in October. So how about these?Wed 28/OctTue 17/Nov/cc @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @Nico Grienauer (he/him) @Oluwatobi @rteijeiro
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) 28 October will clash with the EU Open Source Summit https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
Ekke Guembel (he/him) hmm, everything before is tricky due to autumn holidays
Ekke Guembel (he/him) back to early November, maybe?
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Nov/4 would be an option, except it's one of the national holidays in Russia.Or Nov/3 but then we have two Tuesdays (no really a problem, imho)BTW Nov/18 did not work due to a protestant holiday.
Ruben Teijeiro November looks more feasible due to the current situation in some countries. I think this will be extended even longer.
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Sad but true... however, since for 2020 we're already down to "virtual only", I am not sure that the exact date makes much of a difference in that regard, no?
Ruben Teijeiro Exactly! If it will be virtual I think dates are not such critical because people can watch the stream or the videos later.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes, good point. I was thinking more from the speakers perspective re. clashing with other open source events, but even that might not be such a problem
Ruben Teijeiro Agree! :smile:
Ekke Guembel (he/him) It might have affected one or two, so why not avoid if possible
Ekke Guembel (he/him) SoTue 3/Nov Tue 17/Novis the choice?
Oluwatobi Owolabi Any date is November is cool by me
Nico Grienauer Just, so that I have sayed it: I think we will have a **** ton of events in oct nov dec. end of the year, because all Events are postponed! btw, DrupalCon BArcelona has the Date 8-11 2020 (was alos already postponed. https://events.drupal.org/barcelona2020 maybe this could be a fit, even it is remotely maybe to move it near the date… don’t know if it makes sense… but people can then also meet there maybe?
Ekke Guembel (he/him) I'd really intentionally avoid the physical or mixed event for this year. The other way round: Maybe we should avoid being too close to DrupalCon... but 3rd or 17th should be good enough, imho.(I have not seen too many other relevant announcements yet, but they will surely come. So what... :wink: )
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Are we ok to do a public poll on these two dates dfor MautiCon? Last call for objections :slightly_smiling_face:Tue 3/NovTue 17/Nov/cc @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @Nico Grienauer (he/him) @Oluwatobi @rteijeiro @dbhurley @Norman Pracht @Dennis Ameling (he/him) @floris @john
John Linhart I have nothing planned for this year. Any date will work for me :slightly_smiling_face:

2️⃣ .:two: Reactivation Campaign for former contributors

Ekke Guembel (he/him) https://mautic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CT/pages/1343574/Reactivating+formerly+active+contributors
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Note: Remember to be gender-neutral and stress our desire for diversity ni every campaign.

2️⃣ .3️⃣ Reaching out to recently new Mautic users

Ekke Guembel (he/him) https://mautic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CT/pages/1310922/Reaching+out+to+recently+new+Mautic+users
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Note: Remember to be gender-neutral and stress our desire for diversity ni every campaign.

2️⃣ .4️⃣ Onboarding all new Mautic users

Ekke Guembel (he/him) @Nico Grienauer (he/him) are you aware about how the "send message" works (i.e. that it does nothing) in #onboarding?
Nico Grienauer I don’t have a clue what it is :stuck_out_tongue:
Ekke Guembel (he/him) @Nico Grienauer (he/him) I thnk you clicked it today, though :slightly_smiling_face:@ Tim Boesenberg just joined the Mautic Slack Community - why not send them a message to welcome them!Please react with :white_check_mark: if you’ve sent them a welcome message!@Nico Grienauer (he/him) clicked Send message-> I just wanted to point out that this alone does NOTHING, you still need to send your personal welcome text manuallysee https://mautic.slack.com/archives/CMT7QM7EZ/p1586189578001600 for example
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Anyways: https://mautic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CT/pages/1310931/Onboarding+all+new+Mautic+users
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Note: Remember to be gender-neutral and stress our desire for diversity ni every campaign.

2️⃣ .5️⃣ More gender-diverse community (edited)

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Let’s change the language to ‘a more gender-diverse community’ and not single out female :slightly_smiling_face:
Ruben Teijeiro Join #diversity-and-inclusion channel :slightly_smiling_face:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) and should people be interested :slightly_smiling_face:
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Conclusion was to be explicitly inclusive and welcoming in all communication, and to go for a more proactive campaign as soon as we have the more basic tasks covered

2️⃣ .6️⃣ English as a barrier - Idee of per-country (per-language?) Mautic Guilds

Ruben Teijeiro Maybe have a community lead in every country helping with access to localised docs and leading translation sprints?
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Exactly! And even more - basically offering a single (team-agnostic) local-language spot, with a bridge to the global teams so we have a chance for contribution from those community members too.This can include a lot of things likelocal language (online or physical) meetupsmaintaining (!) translated version of website, local social media channels and groups, etc.Owning the Mautic translation (transifex)Original content (news, case studies, ...) from the country...
Ekke Guembel (he/him) per-country vs. per-language is a tricky one... probably we will have both versions
Ekke Guembel (he/him) To-Do:Find a good name for this thing (other than "guild")Write up the ideasPresent it to first candidates and try outOpen it to the world
Ruben Teijeiro Great! I can lead the Spanish Community :slightly_smiling_face:
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Perfect!!! That's our beta test :tada:
Ekke Guembel (he/him) P.S. I still think we need a good name for this thing. Just "the Spanish Community" seems a bit unclear...
Ruben Teijeiro Agree! We need something more representative like branches or subcommunities but catchy :slightly_smiling_face:
Ekke Guembel (he/him) yeah, let's go for something cool! :sunglasses: :rocket:

2️⃣ .7️⃣ Mautic content stream from curated sources (edited)

Ekke Guembel (he/him) @Nico Grienauer (he/him) I'd love to get this live asap! Would you be willing to draft a couple of lines on the suggested real-life usage of this, incl. processes? And the steps we need to take?

2️⃣ .8️⃣ "Help others to get started with contribution" (green stickies)

2️⃣ .9️⃣ Agreements with Marketing - documentation of the definitions

Ekke Guembel (he/him) As reported in live call:"Infrastructure team" (read: @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) owns Mautic instance for nowChannels -> #t-marketing, processes for us tbd"Representing Mautic at 3rd-party events" -> #t-community
Ekke Guembel (he/him) To do: document the above in https://contribute.mautic.org/

2️⃣ .1️⃣ 0️⃣ PACSI

Ekke Guembel (he/him) imprtant! @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) to work with @Nico Grienauer (he/him)

3️⃣ Other open Tasks

Ekke Guembel (he/him) Prior Team Meeting - https://mautic.slack.com/archives/CQV40ULMA/p1585238446011000not yet in Forum - transfer tool currently broken due to changes in Slack :disappointed:@Ruth Cheesley (she/her) has reported the issue to upstream

4️⃣ Any other Business

4️⃣ .1️⃣ Toolset

Ekke Guembel (he/him) Discuss Atlassian vs. Gitlab with #t-product -> @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) (thanks!)
Ekke Guembel (he/him) https://trello.com/c/IMVCHyK7/23-pursue-switch-atlassian-or-gitlab-stack
Ekke Guembel (he/him) @floris is working on a private Jitsi infrastructure that we could co-use :tada:

5️⃣ Ensure that action items are all explicit (ideally: in Trello); review priorities; WHO CAN DO WHAT? (edited)

6️⃣ Date, time and mode of next team meeting

Ekke Guembel (he/him) Thu, 23. Apr, 16:00 UK (https://everytimezone.com/s/ce679c81) - async unless requested otherwisePro tip: Subscribe to the Mautic Team calendar! https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=acquia.com_gk7csg02b1vjpui081arus1coc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe%2FBerlin

Participants:

Ekke Guembel (he/him), Oluwatobi Owolabi, Ruth Cheesley (she/her), Dennis Ameling, Ruben Teijeiro, Nico Grienauer, John Linhart