Notes from Meeting on 26th March 2020

0️⃣ Introductions - who you are, how you’re using Mautic and

Ekke Guembel (he/him) I'm still Ekke, I'm still with an agency, but many other things are upside down... Like many others we are very busy these days to make sure that we're to badly harmed by the economic impact of the crisis.
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Thus, btw, forgive me that my available time is currently less than normal (which has never been high to begin with ; )
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hello all, I’m Ruth and am the Mautic Community Manager :slightly_smiling_face: I’m based in the UK and just into my third week of isolation. Working from home with my partner and kitties is becoming the ‘new normal’! Hope you are all staying well!
Ekke Guembel (he/him) same from me!
Nico Grienauer I’m Nico From Vienna, Since 2005 in the Drupal CMS Area and since 2009 Board Member from Drupal Austria. I help to spread Open Source Software and develop it further. I am Founder of acolono.com a company with 10 Employees specialized in Drupal, Styleguides, Audits/analytics/metrics.also Mautic “Community Lead NR.2” they told me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :slightly_smiling_face:

1️⃣ Review last meeting’s (non-Trello) notes & actionshttps://forum.mautic.org/t/notes-from-meeting-on-12th-march-2020/13376

1️⃣ .:one: canva.com@Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Did you get any feedback regarding the template drafts?

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I haven’t but I will follow up, sorry she was just moving house so pretty chaotic with everything else going on!
Ekke Guembel (he/him) np, thanks!

1️⃣ .2️⃣ Places of Discussion (Slack vs. Trello vs. Forum vs. Github)

Ekke Guembel (he/him) "permanent thread for each Trello card" -> "I'll create threads for the existing cards & copy existing discussions (plus add the link)" -> oh oh, still on the list :disappointed:

1️⃣ .3️⃣ Motion to remove Trello integration from t-community

Ekke Guembel (he/him) "Maybe we try the extra channel, just for our team, and see how it works?"-> not sure if that's done already?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) It isn’t done yet but we could do that easily enough. What would you like to call the channel?
Nico Grienauer t-community--todo or something like that… for each trello board
Ekke Guembel (he/him) or even t-community-trello (or t-community-integrations, or ...)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) what about t-community-alerts
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) then it’s platform agnostic
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) and I could also push alerts about community websites/resources
Ekke Guembel (he/him) yeah, just that alerts gives a wrong impression
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) true
Ekke Guembel (he/him) that's why I suggested "-integrations" (or "-stream" , "-sys", ....)whatever :wink:

2️⃣ Review Trello board https://trello.com/b/OOB4fS1p/mautic-community-team

Ekke Guembel (he/him) I'll only pick the important ones today, please comment here if you want to address other cards too

2️⃣ .1️⃣ Organize community council & sprint event in April

Ekke Guembel (he/him) "the elephant in the room"
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Event page & blog post have been switched to all-virtual
Ekke Guembel (he/him) but there has been the idea to cancel the event, have multiple smaller ones instead
Ekke Guembel (he/him) e.g.a) productb) marketing / edu / community teamc) council
Ekke Guembel (he/him) thinking is that the major "summit" might be a bit frustrating if hardly anyone shows up (plus it is a bit harder to organize)
Ekke Guembel (he/him) whereas if we organize a joint marketing / edu / community team sprint, it feels better even if only the "hard core" contributors show up."Every team separately" would feel too small, imho - especially since there are many who are willing to work in different ties during the sprint
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Scenario:We cancel the large event (just remove the eventbrite and blog post? or modify it? Or...)We organize the joint events as described above, light-weight, for one day i.e. Monday Apr 6Tooling TBDCommunication TBDSign-Up TBDAgenda / per-team Work items TBDAnd we ask the product team to do the same (same or different day?)-> Does that make sense? (edited)
Ekke Guembel (he/him) (for the records: This discussion was continued in other channels...)

2️⃣ .:two: Guidelines for setting up Mautic events (in-person or online events)

Ekke Guembel (he/him) We discussed re-shuffling the menu items - @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) would that be you? (Not sure I have the rights to work in Grav -or is it Github- nor do I have any clue how Grav works in detail :smile: )
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes, I or anyone can re-shuffle the ordering, probably easiest to do in the UI. Do you want me to talk you through it some time this week perhaps? Or just let me know what needs to go where and I’ll do it and record a screencast (edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) If you’re strapped for time
Ekke Guembel (he/him) I'd love to spend 15 minutes or so for a walk-through (guess it can't be too complex :slightly_smiling_face: )
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) for sure
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) will ping you directly to fix a time :slightly_smiling_face:
Ekke Guembel (he/him) :+1: thanks!

2️⃣ .3️⃣ Explore options for MautiCon 2020 (edited)

Ekke Guembel (he/him) Ruth has set up test accounts for https://sessionize.com/ andhttps://heysummit.com/ as tooling for MautiCon as a virtual event.I still think the actual outlines for the event would be a perfect topic for our sprint. (edited)
Ekke Guembel (he/him) However, I'd love to hear some opinions about going all-virtual vs. hybrid in 2020!Anyone?
Nico Grienauer what defines hybrid?
Ekke Guembel (he/him) hybrid = on-location PLUS online.Not my favorite though... (No issues with a live stream, but all interactive formats work badly with 2nd-class citizens...)
Nico Grienauer i would plan no physical meetings iat least in the next 2-3 months btw.
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Even in September it is far from given that everyone CAN and WANTS TO travel long disctance again - more importantly people wouldn't make that decision early, thus we'd be completely blind for our plannings
Ekke Guembel (he/him) BTW if we go all-virtual, we can revert to our November (pere-Thanksgiving) date if we want!

3️⃣ Specific Community events

Ekke Guembel (he/him) any updates here?
Ekke Guembel (he/him) @Oluwatobi, I assume that even Lagos is gone by now, right? :sleepy:
Oluwatobi Owolabi Well, I discussed with @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) some times ago, probably going for the online option
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’ve been trialling https://icebreaker.video as a way to have an online equivalent of networking. I’m planning to switch my meetup to virtual, with networking to start, then two talks, followed by breakout rooms.
Ekke Guembel (he/him) oh, nice!
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) we can get free access if we want to use it

4️⃣ Any other Business

4️⃣ .1️⃣ "Mautic Cafeteria"

Ekke Guembel (he/him) Earlier today, we discussed the idea for a permanent Jitsi channel where, isolated as we all are, we can find some social interaction within the Mautic community. Either @Nico Grienauer (he/him) or @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) came up with the suggestion of fixed times.
Ekke Guembel (he/him) I think I like the idea!
Ekke Guembel (he/him) This might even be used for a quick discussion of a specific Mautic question, which might attract support-seekers...Which can be good (more & new people) or bad (annoying one-timers)Maybe something "it's ok to discuss tech things, but only if you have been here before" - hard to enforce politely, on the other hand...
Ekke Guembel (he/him) How about we just try?schedule an hour (or maybe different hours) for Monday and Tuesdayand see what the acceptance is?
Ekke Guembel (he/him) (IF we want to go that route, next questions are "what hours" and "how to spread the word")
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think that’s a great way to start. We could try to pick a time which is roughly within ‘acceptable’ hours in as many timezones as possible
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Or throw the idea at #community and ask who might be interested, and pick hours on that basis...I really don't want to leave Asia behind, but it's really either them OR the Americas.So IF there turns out to be some interest, we may have an hour in morning (UK) and one ín the afternoon
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) yeah we could do that too
Nico Grienauer I like the idea to nameit “mautic-café”
Nico Grienauer try it once. see hot it us used.
Nico Grienauer just do it not to much rules for the first experiment
Ekke Guembel (he/him) exactly
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) How about we pick a time say monday, wednesday and friday, and just have a half-hour open chat at that time
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) whoever wants to join can jump in and join
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) no topic or agenda, just an opportunity for the community to check in with each other (edited)
Ekke Guembel (he/him) @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I guess it's best if you do the official communication here, no?
Floris van Geel We;re building this now for drupal community, we can collaborate / facilitate host at €60/month boxes in hetzner
Floris van Geel lets make a poc fot mautic too :slightly_smiling_face:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I don't think we need to pay anything right now. We can use the hosted Jitsi, or worst case I can create meetings on Zoom :slightly_smiling_face:
Ekke Guembel (he/him) Ekke Guembel (he/him) [5:40 PM]@Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I guess it's best if you do the official communication here, no?Shall we give this a try? Or rather after the sprint? Or, even better: Start it as part of the sprint, and keep the habit afterwards?
Floris van Geel Zoom? not with recent news, it seems all is insecure, userland as well as server level:https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/k7e95m/zoom-leaking-email-addresses-photoshttps://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/04/unpatched-zoom-bug-lets-attackers-steal-windows-credentials-with-no-warning/https://objective-see.com/blog/blog_0x56.htmlSo we’re continuing to deploy jitsi and Streaming RTMP (edited)
Ekke Guembel (he/him) I love Zoom
Ekke Guembel (he/him) not
Ekke Guembel (he/him) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Most of this relates to older vulnerabilities and insecure practices. Anyway, we are using Jitsi. Zoom is just a fallback in case we have problems
Floris van Geel Awesome, in the coming 2 weeks we plan to scale up and make point to multi point RTMP available, so this can be accessible to large scale audience (>30) without Youtube and minimum latency.

5️⃣ Ensure that action items are all explicit (ideally: in Trello); review priorities

6️⃣ Date, time and mode of next team meeting

Ekke Guembel (he/him) Thu, Apr 9, 11:00 UK (https://everytimezone.com/s/6a179366) - async unless requested otherwise

Participants:

Ekke Guembel (he/him), Ruth Cheesley (she/her), Nico Grienauer, Oluwatobi Owolabi, Floris van Geel

1 Like