Notes from meeting on 30th January 2020

Welcome to the team meeting! We’re doing this one live (end-of-month), but add threads in Slack in parallel for asynchronous attendance. If you haven’t done an asynchronous meeting before, please respond in threads :smiley:Also note you can start a reply with :bust_in_silhouette: to be anon, or :no_entry_sign: to go off the record and not be included in the notes, which will be exported and saved to Google Docs, and posted on the Community Forums.The meeting will be open for 24 hours, after which the notes will be exported. People may comment thereafter but these won’t be included in the notes.----Let’s get going! :arrow_down:

0️⃣ Introductions - who you are, how you’re using Mautic and

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hello all, I’m Ruth and based in :gb:. I am the community manager and have been a contributor since Mautic launched
ekke Hi, I am Ekke, located in northern Germany - with a 30 people agency. I am currently focussing on t-community (and helping out at t-marketing, a bit)#

1️⃣ Review last meeting’s notes & actions

[https://forum.mautic.org/t/notes-from-community-team-meeting-23rd-january-2020/12487](https://forum.mautic.org/t/notes-from-community-team-meeting-23rd-january-2020/12487)

1️⃣ .1️⃣ Meetup guidelines

[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dWBTKxjC2UHSdCCpeFZ6CF95fOABWEbQhhgpuhfcWws/edit](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dWBTKxjC2UHSdCCpeFZ6CF95fOABWEbQhhgpuhfcWws/edit)

1️⃣ .2️⃣ Community Handbook

ekke Note from live call: An MVP version of this is a priority (e.g. team lead responsibilities, onboarding workflow, ...) (edited)

1️⃣ .3️⃣ Create a meetup support pack for new Mautic Meetups

ekke Note from live call: "Mautibot source files and licensing" = pending
ekke Note from live call: @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) "I’ve scheduled up a social media post calling for help with this task " (edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Scheduled for Monday afternoon
ekke :+1:

1️⃣ .4️⃣ Prepare a campaign to invite people to get involved and inform of future events

ekke Note from live call: This is a priority. Need for task-splitting still stands. Also: Lots of dependencies, but we need to get prepared and make sure the rest is moving too.

1️⃣ .5️⃣ Creating a PACSI for the community team

ekke Note from live call: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bni4qe9tqYgSRr83bMAltDlwKwa1xhGzz5LUhCxcAKo/edit

2️⃣ Review trello boardhttps://trello.com/b/OOB4fS1p/mautic-community-team

2️⃣ .1️⃣ Follow up on proposal for meetup.com pro account

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) next week or so
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) just waiting for confirmation of which budget it comes from
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) (sorry poor signal area)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) YES
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Also the barcelona group want to step back so I am hoping to take that on
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) and find a new leader
ekke "Also the barcelona group want to step back" -> its leader wants to step back, right?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Sorry for the short notes - the leader wants to step back as he can’t run the meetups all that often. So if we had a Pro account we could take on the group and the payment for the dues, and then find a new leader
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) as it stands at the moment, we will lose the group and the members etc if they step down and nobody else steps up
ekke Note from live call: https://www.meetup.com/ja-JP/Mautic-Meetup-Tokyo/events/267797153

2️⃣ .:two:Ensure all teams have an onboarding person/workflow

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’ll pop in the current folk in the community handbook as a table
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) and write up a post for the blog announcing it

2️⃣ .3️⃣ Explore options for MautiCon 2020

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think yes, start it simple
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Boston might be good as Acquia is based there, but it’s also an expensive city
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Equally we could consider EU, given a lot of the community are in EU (or near neighbours in my case soon!)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) So next action could be to narrow down to a country / city for MautiCon
Nico Grienauer (he/him) currently we are discussing a "future of cms" conference with our association in vienna in november. maybe this could be a fit. its a "global" event and not tied to drupal… but will know more next week if we really plan/do it.
ekke My thoughts on the DATE:a) We are looking at Nov 17.-22.b) One-day event, right? (maybe with an evening event)c) Typically it's best to have team meetings the day(s) BEFORE the eventd) My guess is that we have better attendance if we avoid the weekende) also, ideally we should avoid Monday morning or Friday afternoon travels=> That would lead us to Nov/18 or /19
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think a one-day event to start with is good. Or maybe a one-day conference, and a one-day contribution event? Then the council meeting/team meetings
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) or team meetings/council before the event, which might be better
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) although if the team members are speaking at the conference it can be distracting (working on slide decks during meetings, for example!)
ekke Coupling to another event (as suggested by @Nico Grienauer (he/him)): Might be a really nice thing!reduction of costs and effortmutual improvement in visibility online and on-site On the flip side, it raises complexity and overhead, adds a bit of risk and takes away a bit of control...Also, it takes a good match, in other words: I believe Nico's opportunity will remain the only one.Thus I suggest we wait for progress on the future-of-cms side and see if it might make sense
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) yeah that could be an option to consider
ekke On LOCATION:Would be good to have a local player who can organize helping hands, otherwise it'll be crazy expensiveBoston is obviously a low-hanging fruitPrague would be an option, tooVienna, see aboveI could offer Hannover, good locations, but flights are always an extra leg. Also not as prestigious as the other options.Other realistic ideas? Should we ask any other people / whom & where?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Berlin is an easy-ish place to get to, as is Paris
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) if we’re thinking EU
ekke Berlin? From London, maybe...
ekke Paris is a hub, Amsterdam is, and Frankfurt
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Ah, OK maybe I was thinking Frankfurt. There are some fairly popular air hubs
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) nod
ekke so try explore Boston first?Frankly, I wouldn't dare to organize Berlin or any other City from remote.Or do we prefer EU - then what City is favorite?(Barcelona would be nice too ; )
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Barcelona is very good from an accessibility perspective
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) It’s probably the only city I was able to be completely independent at all times as a wheelchair user when I was at conferences there a few years back
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I can see what options there might be in Boston from the team at Acquia
ekke === Sum-up, current state of the discussion ===We aim at Nov/18 or /19 for the event, plus an extra days before the eventWe want to do the first MautiCon at an "easy" place where we have local people who can do a good part of the organizingOther criteria for the ideal location: Convenient and affordable travel options from around the world, inexpensive city, local community, suitable and affordable venue availableAs a baseline, Ruth will explore the options for Boston---> Agreed, everyone?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) :thumbsup:
Nico Grienauer (he/him) :slightly_smiling_face:
ekke Brain dump of follow-up questions (to ponder for the next meeting : ) :How many visitors do we plan for? (-> size of venue, ...)Target audience(s)? Value / How can we best attract them?Rought financial planning / Will Acquia cover the financial risk?...and the ton of details from there.
Nico Grienauer (he/him) acquia and financial risk… I think they would/should cover the risk. even though if ther should not be much risk… we organized events for 400 people from 26 nations and provided 2 days warm food, baristas etc for 35€ and still had profit. it just depends how you organize it…
ekke Well the FIRST event of its kind is a bit more risky by nature, especially in such a niche
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes, I’d be inclined to look for a venue which could comfortably host say 50-100 people with the option to extend if we get more interest than we expect.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Honestly don’t know what kind of numbers to shoot for, maybe we could do an interest poll to get some feedback from the community?
ekke First we need to define target audience etc.My gut feeling is that we should shoot for 100 - given the amount of people that Webmecanik is able to draw at their automation day, that should be possible
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yeah, that is around what I was thinking also
ekke @Nico Grienauer (he/him) If we did Vienna, how much of your "event team" would be available for us? Is that people from your agency, or Drupal community?
Nico Grienauer (he/him) It would be people from my agency, from drupal austria association (where i am obmann stellvertreter) and also from the drupal community I think. At mauticon Netherlands (after drupalcon) there I spotted lots of drupal people on the pictures ;)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) It was a Contribution Day for all projects, so most of the Drupal people were there to contribute to Drupal ;)
Nico Grienauer (he/him) Ah ok. Didn‘t know that ;)

3️⃣ Community (or all?) Team Sprint

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes, Dries can be available in EU on 14th April for a Community Council meeting, which we could have before or after (probs after, due to Easter) a community sprint
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) and, I think we can decide what the focus needs to be
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Could do it in Prague as there’s an Acquia team there (mautic engineers / Acquia R&D team)
ekke Moreover, Prague has good flight connections and is not too expensive
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes, indeed
Nico Grienauer (he/him) 14th sounds great nd prague is also possible per train for me…
ekke "Dries can be available in EU on 14th April for a Community Council meeting, which we could have before or after (probs after, due to Easter) a community sprint"-> so we're looking at Apr/14 for the Council, Apr/15 for the sprint, right?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes, I think that would be the best way. Could maybe do 15/16 if one day is going to be too short. Depends really, want to make the most of people coming together but also mindful it’s time out of work and family life
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) He’s a busy person so I’ve asked his assistant to hold that day until we confirm, so it’s locked into his schedule as a ‘more info coming soon’

4️⃣ Any other Business?

Participants:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her), ekke, Nico Grienauer (he/him)