Notes from Community Team meeting 23rd January 2020

Welcome to the team meeting @here! If you haven’t done an asynchronous meeting before, please respond in threads :slightly_smiling_face:Also note you can start a reply with :bust_in_silhouette: to be anon, or :no_entry_sign: to go off the record and not be included in the notes, which will be exported and saved to Google Docs, and posted on the Community Forums.The meeting will be open for 24 hours, after which the notes will be exported. People may comment thereafter but these won’t be included in the notes.Let’s get going! :arrow_down:

0️⃣ Introductions - who you are, where you’re from, how you’re involved with the team, and perhaps any exciting plans you have for the weekend?

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hi folks, I’m Ruth, Community Manager :slightly_smiling_face: I’m based in the UK and am off to Birmingham this weekend for the National Running Show. A little bit over excited by the prospect of running gear and some inspiring speakers!
ekke Hi, Ekke here, based in Hannover, Germany. Late over here, but I just came back from a presentation O gave today in Hamburg...
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hope it went well @ekke :slightly_smiling_face:

1️⃣ Review notes and actions from the last meeting

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) The meeting notes are here: https://forum.mautic.org/t/notes-from-meeting-9th-janaury-2020/12297

1️⃣ . :one: Meetup guidelines (edited)

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We were going to review and suggest any areas for improvement on the doc I’d started writing here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dWBTKxjC2UHSdCCpeFZ6CF95fOABWEbQhhgpuhfcWws - @Nico Grienauer (he/him) you’d recommended we add some more copy about MautiCamps, can you take that on? We can also pad out the details for the MautiCon.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think we also need to give some kind of guidance or steer on how we plan to approach groups that have their own setup (e.g. a FB group) and what expectations are if they do want to use the term Mautic in their group names
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @Nico Grienauer (he/him) would you be able to add some copy based on your suggestions?

We were going to review and suggest any areas for improvement on the doc I’d started writing here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dWBTKxjC2UHSdCCpeFZ6CF95fOABWEbQhhgpuhfcWws - @Nico Grienauer (he/him) you’d recommended we add some more copy about MautiCamps, can you take that on? We can also pad out the details for the MautiCon.

1️⃣ . 2️⃣ Community Handbook

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’ve made a start on this locally in Grav but I’m in two minds as to whether it’s best to have this in a third-party system, or as part of the new mautic.org rebuilt website (it will be in Drupal). Any thoughts on this?
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) The aim of this was to have a central resources for all teams to refer to - it would include what the teams do, responsibilities of leaders, operational processes/guidance relevant to specific teams, etc
ekke Absolutely.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) What was the absolutely in reference to, having it within the website, or the aim of the handbook? Just for clarity!

2️⃣ Review tasks on Trello

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) The Trello board is located here: https://trello.com/b/OOB4fS1p/mautic-community-team (edited)
ekke Is it the right time now to move forward with the recruiting/reactivation campaign? @Ruth Cheesley (she/her) (edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) :point_down: it’s one of the later points I think

2️⃣ . 1️⃣ On-boarding representatives from each team

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I think at the moment it might make sense to defaulting to the Team Lead, and then if they subsequently delegate this to others we can update accordingly. Any objections?

2️⃣ . :two: Create a meetup support pack for new Mautic Meetups

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I now have a supply of stickers (Mautibot and the square logo)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We do need to complete the work on some slide decks, I think perhaps it would be helpful if we were to divide this task (https://trello.com/c/dIkkJlfl/6-create-a-meetup-support-pack-for-new-mautic-meetups) into sub-tasks so that people can clearly see the jobs we need doing. (edited)
ekke Do we have the source files for the Mautibot etc. too? (edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I have them on my StickerMule account, so I can do re-orders any time (and I can give you an order number you can import on StickerMule if you wanted to do your own)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) @dbhurley has the Mautibot source files I believe. I’ve asked for them
ekke I think it can be nice for other purposes too, and there are different flavors of the image but for most there seems to be no vector image available.
ekke Ah I See
ekke I guess resources like that should be public, too. (Maybe bundled in pack)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes potentially. I’d like to be able to send out a swag pack to new meetup organisers and have that kind of thing readily available to send to people attending events and whatnot
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Not sure what the licensing is on the mautibot image though, we could add it to mautic.org/about/logos-and-graphics maybe

2️⃣ . 3️⃣ Prepare a campaign to invite people to get involved and inform of future events

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) This is a bit dependent on some of the work #t-marketing are doing around the Mautic instance I think
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) https://trello.com/c/VOOug7fq/4-prepare-a-campaign-which-will-invite-people-to-get-involved-and-inform-of-forthcoming-events-etc (edited)
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Maybe we can call out some of the details on this - what will be done, what specific tasks are there? @ekke I think you were looking to take this one on
ekke 'ight

3️⃣ Creating a PACSI for the community team

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) We agreed in the governance model that we’d create a PACSI matrix for each team, which gave clarity on responsibilities and accountabilities. I’ll make a start on one for the Community team which we can work on together

4️⃣ :mautibot: :mautic-logo: MautiCon 2020 :mautic-logo: :mautibot:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’ve been looking at potential dates for MautiCon 2020 and I think that some time in the week of 16-22 November could be a good date.It does not coincide with any religious holidays (to the best of my knowledge), is far enough away to ensure we have plenty of time to organise the event (and any other meetings/sprints/etc around it) and to source a venue etc.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’d like us to build a community team for this, to look into suggestions for where to hold it and start making plans.
ekke You mentioned the idea once to do Europe... Not so sure, may US can help, as long as we pick a location that is easy to reach for everyone. November should be dirt cheap from around the world.
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I’m open to either. USA, or maybe even Brazil given the size of the community there? Totally open to suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) I am sure @rodrideme would be interested
ekke Brazil = harder to reach...
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) yeah, true
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) although there are direct flights from many places
ekke true, but much longer travel and way more expensive
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Hmm, not based on what I (very quickly checked) for London, France and Germany - around £400-500 return
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) which is about what it costs (afaik) for USA. Maybe I’m wrong there
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Ah maybe I’m wrong there, I was looking at west coast USA not somewhere like Boston
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) but yes take your point, flights would be more expensive for folk in Europe. Mega cheap for those in the US from what I saw. About £60 to fly from Boston
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Perhaps it’s something we can work up in a spreadsheet - e.g. take specific points in the world, and look at the cost of flight, accommodation, etc. from certain places we specify
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) then we have some objective data to work with
ekke to me it seems looks like 720,- (Sao Paolo, 1 stop, 14h) vs. 412,- (NYC, nonstop, 9h) minimum fares (from Frankfurt...)I sure wouldn't mind to go to Brazil, also embracing the community there would be great, but it seems like it raises the barriers for attending - which would surely hurt us at this point
Ruth Cheesley (she/her) Yes agree, still think it would be helpful to do some basics in a spreadsheet

5️⃣ Any other business

Participants:

Ruth Cheesley (she/her), ekke