Mautic displaying %pending% text in lieu of actual number of contacts pending to send

Your software
My PHP version is : 8.0.29
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): MySQL 8.0.29

These errors are showing in the Mautic log :
[2023-08-14 04:59:50] mautic.ERROR: Invalid clickthrough value: {v:3;f:8:"fzbvy";v:4;v:6748;}f:8:"fzbvy";v:6748;f:7:"fgbg";f:55:"97e2c78c2548e719171867";f:7:"yfbe";f:0:"4355800";f:0:"dubaafy";b:4:{f:8:"fzbvy";v:6748;}} is not a serialized array at /home/user/public_html/mautic/app/bundles/CoreBundle/Helper/ClickthroughHelper.php:37)"}

Your problem
My problem is :
When I click send button to pending contacts to send, the page only shows %pending% pending instead of actual number of pending contacts, i.e. 10 pending.
Is this related to the %points% bug translation issue?

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :
looked at the messages.ini for en_US (translations/en_GB/LeadBundle) but could not find any parameter that defines %pending%

what version of Mautic are you running.

If you have changed your language to en_GB, then add the following line, or check if it is there and change it:

mautic.email.send.pending="{0} There are no pending contacts.|{1} There is one pending contact.|[2, +Inf[ There are %count% pending contacts."

Chances are you updated mautic but not the translations for the language you are using, so make sure you do that.

The error from the log you pasted is not related to the issue you are describing. It has to do with the fact that tracking url is not correctly formed, which could be for a number of reasons. If this happens often you should test the emails before you send them out to see if there is anything that happens on Mautic side you can fix. More often then not you cannot fully eliminate these errors.

Regards, M.

Hi @mikew

The version of Mautic is 4.4.9
The language in System Defaults is English - United States
I tried to find the parameter for pending “mautic.email.send.pending=” in the messages.ini file but there was no this parameter in the file.

you can just add this line then.

If the System Default is en_US then this is found inside /app/bundles/EmailBundle/Translations/en_US/messages.ini

Hi @mikew , do I have to replace the %count% variable with other variable, and if so, would you be able to advise so?

Is this change correct?
mautic.email.send.pending=“{0} There are no pending contacts.|{1} There is one pending contact.|[2, +Inf[ There are %count% pending contacts.”
It is located in the en_US folder.

Strangely the following variables still display number/numeric value:
mautic.email.stat.leadcount=“%count% Pending”
mautic.email.stat.readcount=“%count% Read”
mautic.email.stat.sentcount=“%count% Sent”

Thanks in advance.