Mautic overrides the existing contact

Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful automation tool. I’m new to mautic. I have 3 websites and I just want to track all the site users in my mautic.

So, I have put the trackingJS code into my 3 sites. Whenever the user is logged in I want to track those events in the mautic.

My tracking JS code is:

(function(w,d,t,u,n,a,m){w=n;

w[n]=w[n]||function(){(w[n].q=w[n].q||[]).push(arguments)},a=d.createElement(t),

m=d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0];a.async=1;a.src=u;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)

})(window,document,‘script’,‘https://mydomain.com/mtc.js’,'mt’);

Whenever the user is logged in this code will trigger

mt(‘send’, ‘pageview’, {email:loggedInEmail, firstname:loggedInName});

Then I did this, I logged into my site with email abc@gmail.com and logged out then again I logged with xyz@gmail.com on the same browser.

What happens is when abc@gmail.com is logged in new user is created in the mautic. And abc@gmail.com is logged out, then the login of xyz@gmail.com is overriding the data of abc@gmail.com in mautic.

Why is that so happening? I think this is happening due to the mautic cookie data on the site.

Using

Mautic -> 2.81v

Php -> 5.6

Step to reproduce:

Add the trackingJS Code on the website.

Try to send the logged in user details to mautic.

it will override the first logged in user when you attempt to login with other emails.

Awaiting for your response !!!

Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful automation tool. I’m new to mautic. I have 3 websites and I just want to track all the site users in my mautic.

So, I have put the trackingJS code into my 3 sites. Whenever the user is logged in I want to track those events in the mautic.

My tracking JS code is:
(function(w,d,t,u,n,a,m){w[‘MauticTrackingObject’]=n;
w[n]=w[n]||function(){(w[n].q=w[n].q||[]).push(arguments)},a=d.createElement(t),
m=d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0];a.async=1;a.src=u;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,‘script’,‘https://mydomain.com/mtc.js’,'mt’);

Whenever the user is logged in this code will trigger
mt(‘send’, ‘pageview’, {email:loggedInEmail, firstname:loggedInName});

Then I did this, I logged into my site with email abc@gmail.com and logged out then again I logged with xyz@gmail.com on the same browser.

What happens is when abc@gmail.com is logged in new user is created in the mautic. And abc@gmail.com is logged out, then the login of xyz@gmail.com is overriding the data of abc@gmail.com in mautic.

Why is that so happening? I think this is happening due to the mautic cookie data on the site.

Using

Mautic -> 2.81v
Php -> 5.6
Step to reproduce:

Add the trackingJS Code on the website.
Try to send the logged in user details to mautic.
it will override the first logged in user when you attempt to login with other emails.
Awaiting for your response !!!

@kuzmany I think we can’t able to clear the mautic cookies from our website.

I am having the same problem.

Is it possible to be solved without changing Mautic’s code?

any update on this?
I am stuck with the same problem