Hello! Thank you for maintaining Mautic!
We have application where users can log in and out. Mautic tracking works this way:
- User hits the page - tracking code is loaded and we provide user ID 1 (which is marked as unique)
- Mautic creates anonymous lead and assignes ID:1 and find that ID 1 is already present and merges these two leads together
(everything is great till now!)
- user logs out
- logs as another user (without closing browser; mautic cookies were not flushed; Mautic sees this as one session)
- we send ID:2 into Mautic tracking code
- mautic finds that it knows this contact with ID:2 and merges lead ID:2 with lead ID:1 - Whops! We have lost one contact.
Is this bug? Or are we using tracking code in wrong way?
Problem is that Mautic tracks user by cookie/session. When it does not know which lead is it - it creates new lead. But there is no way to say in tracking code:
Is there any what how to do this?