Mautic Stable/Good Enough for Marketing Automation?

hi all,

i have previously downloaded mautic and setup on my server like 1year++ ago but tbh, it’s pretty confusing to use for a non-dev like me, and i ditch it.

however, i came back to mautic and checked they have free hosted account. i signed up and the interface looks better now but still confusing. lol

but i really wanna try out mautic.

so basically, im running an ecommerce store based on woocommerce (https://autovacbot.com). currently im using automatewoo to do my backend marketing automation.

so i have a few Qs

1. Can i use my own landing page/forms instead of the one provided by mautic?

im using beaver builder, and using plugins like convertplus to collect emails. they are more userfriendly and easier for me to design things. if so, how do i do that?
  2. does it integrate with woocommerce? so i can send conditional emails like, if customer buys product X, send email A. OR say if customer adds product Y into cart and later abandon the cart, can i send them an email with a “custom/personalized” coupon 5-7 days later?
  3. can mautic do recover abandon cart? cuz from the campaign builder, the start is using contact segments and forms, not sure where to start.
  4. what is the limitation of mautic compared to others?
  5. is mautic reliable/stable enough to be implemented on a working site?
  6. is the self-hosted version exactly same as the paid mautic hosted version?

PS: sidetrack, im also looking at activecampaign, will it be suited? or its the same? opinions please?

thanks in advance.

hi all,

i have previously downloaded mautic and setup on my server like 1year++ ago but tbh, it’s pretty confusing to use for a non-dev like me, and i ditch it.
however, i came back to mautic and checked they have free hosted account. i signed up and the interface looks better now but still confusing. lol
but i really wanna try out mautic.

so basically, im running an ecommerce store based on woocommerce (https://autovacbot.com). currently im using automatewoo to do my backend marketing automation.
so i have a few Qs

1. Can i use my own landing page/forms instead of the one provided by mautic?
    im using beaver builder, and using plugins like convertplus to collect emails. they are more userfriendly and easier for me to design things. if so, how do i do that?
  2. does it integrate with woocommerce? so i can send conditional emails like, if customer buys product X, send email A. OR say if customer adds product Y into cart and later abandon the cart, can i send them an email with a “custom/personalized” coupon 5-7 days later?
  3. can mautic do recover abandon cart? cuz from the campaign builder, the start is using contact segments and forms, not sure where to start.
  4. what is the limitation of mautic compared to others?
  5. is mautic reliable/stable enough to be implemented on a working site?
  6. is the self-hosted version exactly same as the paid mautic hosted version?

PS: sidetrack, im also looking at activecampaign, will it be suited? or its the same? opinions please?
thanks in advance.

Mautic is very stable for Marketing Automation i use since v.1.3.1

1- Yes you can use your own landing pages just put the Mautic forms code and the Mautic form will appear on your landing page.

2- woocommerce i don’t know since in my case i don’t use it but i think you can accomplish that using Mautic API

1. Limitation all marketing automation tool is different from each other but in my case, i have moved companies from Salesforce Pardo, Marketo and Hubspot to Mautic and they are happy.

2. is stable

3. is the same just self-hosted you are the “guy” behind the machine

[quote=27050:@ninjoan]Mautic is very stable for Marketing Automation i use since v.1.3.1

1- Yes you can use your own landing pages just put the Mautic forms code and the Mautic form will appear on your landing page.

2- woocommerce i don’t know since in my case i don’t use it but i think you can accomplish that using Mautic API

1. Limitation all marketing automation tool is different from each other but in my case, i have moved companies from Salesforce Pardo, Marketo and Hubspot to Mautic and they are happy.

2. is stable

3. is the same just self-hosted you are the “guy” behind the machine[/quote]
    @ninjoan thank you so much for the reply.

few more questions, i must use mautic forms i suppose?

and is mautic memory intensive? im currently hosting my site on linode 1gb ram. im wondering if i can install mautic on the same server.

can i integrate mautic with sparkpost/sendgrid to send emails?

If you have your Landing pages already build (WP, HTML, etc) just insert the Mautic JS Form code do you can collect the data with Mautic.

In my real life use, i have several types of landing pages.

Landing page i made using RAW HTML, landing pages using Wordpress and landing pages using the Mautic builders the only thing in common is that i use a Mautic form to collect the data.

You can use Mautic in differents environment with the right setup in my case i have setup Mautic from the basic level that is shared hosting, AWS, VPS to Microsoft Azures Server.

But bigger the systems is better to have there own server.

Mautic user a different ESP that you can choose from Amazon SES, Sendgrid, Sparkpost and others

[quote=27062:@ninjoan]If you have your Landing pages already build (WP, HTML, etc) just insert the Mautic JS Form code do you can collect the data with Mautic.

In my real life use, i have several types of landing pages.

Landing page i made using RAW HTML, landing pages using Wordpress and landing pages using the Mautic builders the only thing in common is that i use a Mautic form to collect the data.

You can use Mautic in differents environment with the right setup in my case i have setup Mautic from the basic level that is shared hosting, AWS, VPS to Microsoft Azures Server.

But bigger the systems is better to have there own server.

Mautic user a different ESP that you can choose from Amazon SES, Sendgrid, Sparkpost and others[/quote]
@ninjoan i will try the hosted version and see if i get the hang of it.
btw, do you know anyway i can do personalized coupon from mautic to customers?

You can create a custom email template that contains a generic coupon code. Remember Mautic is a Marketing Automation Software just that you need to use others tools that complement Mautic sample for CRM you have Salesforce CRM, SugarCRM, SuiteCRM, Zoho.

If you case you business is focused on e-commerce so to integrate with Mautic you will have to use Mautic API with our e-commerce platform API.

Just a little addition in the context of personalized coupon.

I already did this for a static segment: created coupon codes outside of Mautic, created a custom contact field for the coupon, uploaded the coupon for the relevant contacts (connection via email adresses) and sent it out via email.

This is not the best way, I know. Coupons should be handles via an offer engine and have relations to contacts. Right now Mautic does not offer that - hence the workaround.