Mautic Web page per visit in segments filter not working in HTML page

Hi ,

I am using this script in my html page

> <script>
> 	function ultracsMautic(){
> 		var b = (function(w,d,t,u,n,a,m){w['MauticTrackingObject']=n;
>         w[n]=w[n]||function(){(w[n].q=w[n].q||[]).push(arguments)},a=d.createElement(t),
>         m=d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0];a.async=1;a.src=u;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
>     })(window,document,'script','/js/mtc.js','mt');
> 			
> 			return b;
> 	}
> 	
> 	setInterval(function(){ ultracsMautic() }, 5000);
> </script>

I HAVE CREATED segment and then in the segment Fields I gave Visited URL as my index.html file.
But after I visit this page , what cookies or local storage it will store in webiste ?
also I went mautic segments I cant see any anonymus user in the segments i have created.

My filter i have added like this but I cant see any anonymus in the contacts

Alll I can see old one

what am i missing ?

Tried with visited URL and Website by ading this link http://dev-3-00.internal.com/home-loan-shweta/ and went to this page i cant see any contacts in mautic

Hey @gayathri

I am not sure I understand your first part of the topic, however inside Mautic in the contacts view on the top right part you have a toggle button that will allow you to see anonymous users.

Hi @gayathri,
Mautic creates cookies as below:

• mautic_device_id
  • mtc_id
  • mautic_referer_id

More info: Contact tracking | Mautic

EDIT: Based on @mikew response below this statement is false.
Also as far as I know there is no option to see any anonymous users in the segment’s view. This is only available on the “Contact’s” screen.

Hi It is definitely possibly to see anonymous users inside a segment and to also use these segments inside campaigns as well.

Have a look at my filter:

Now you can see the segment size:

This is the view if I click on the 20 contacts:

And then if I toggle to anonymous users:

As you can see at the bottom of the page it is showing 20 records.

And the view of the segment itself:

Thanks, didnt know that! I already edited my previous response :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi mtch9,

like in above question after i have added the scripts , how the user related details will store in local storage ? for example any user can visit the abc.html page but how mautic will know the username and firstname ? this is like anyonymus user ? so how this will capture ?

am new to mautic so please help to understand ? is it we have to ifrmae the form from mautic to abc.html so the user submit form and this will store the user details in localstorage ?

Hi @mikew ,

like in above question after i have added the scripts , how the user related details will store in local storage ? for example any user can visit the abc.html page but how mautic will know the username and firstname ? this is like anyonymus user ? so how this will capture ?

am new to mautic so please help to understand ? is it we have to ifrmae the form from mautic to abc.html so the user submit form and this will store the user details in localstorage ?

correct, you can either use javascript or iframe to put the form in, once a form is submitted it will associate the name to the iP

Hi @mikew ,

I have tried like this

Please check i configured from visited URl and website but i cnat see any anonymous contacts from my segments when i visited this page http://dev-3-00.internal.com/home-loan-shweta-gaya/

the below anonymous were old ones , the new one I cant see it, Is the segments right am i doing wrong?

do you know why ?

Is the site you are trying to hit alive and accessible from the internet ? Is the Mautic tracking script on this site ?

I tried to go to the link but do not get anywhere.

Also in your segment you have the OR website equals “…” this is not needed, this is referring to the contacts website in his contact card.

Hi mikew,

The above link is internal sit , our local dev site its not public , do i have to Deploy in Azure or LIVE then only the mautic will work ?

yes it needs to be live or you need to have your internal DNS / hosts set up for tracking

Hi @mikew ,

I have an another issue Dwc Content not working in Campaigns? - #7 by gayathri its LIVE site