Merge external data with Mautic via export and import

I have some external data that I would like to merge with Mautic. I would like to update the anonymous Mautic leads with company names from the external source, partly because Geo location is not working. Is there a way to export the anonymous leads, and add data to them before importing them back again?

I have some external data that I would like to merge with Mautic. I would like to update the anonymous Mautic leads with company names from the external source, partly because Geo location is not working. Is there a way to export the anonymous leads, and add data to them before importing them back again?

What service do you use for geolocation which doesn’t work?

Leads can be exported via Reports.

MaxMind GeoIP2 Precision. The system just records an IP address with no other data.

I have placed our login and password with a colon between them as instructed, but no joy.

Reports don;t seem to be able to export IP addresses, so that doesn’t help either :frowning:

Right, in your case, I’d create 2 Github issues. One bug report that MaxMind GeoIp2 Precision doesn’t work and that you are willing to provide your credentials for testing purposes to developer who will be able to fix it. Second would be a feature request to ad IP address to the lead reports.

As a quick fix for your problem, you’ll probably have to access data in the Mautic database directly. I think you’d need a simple select with IP table join. Tools like PhpMyAdmin will let you then export the data in various formats.

Hello - bug report is here https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1404

Feature request - https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1405

Not done this before so let me know if any information is missing.

seems good to me

Any news on this? Nothing much seems to be happening…

I have tested the MaxMind service on their website with these same credentials and it does work so I think it must be a Mautic issue.

Can I have an answer on this please? I first flagged this with Alan months ago, gave him our details, and nothing happened. It is quite clear that Mautic is not working as it should, and nothing seems to be happening to sort it out. I need an answer - our marketing campaigns are stalling because of it.

Seems like all the developers are busy with other priorities. Also, you shouldn’t be angry with the open source developers who are donating their free time to develop Mautic that they doesn’t do exactly what you want ASAP. There are thousands of people who want to implement their feature or fix the bug they are facing. It is not physically possible to meet such demand. Would you mind to find a developer for this issue yourself and contribute the fix back to the project?

Sorry to be frustrated, I do appreciate what the developers do for the community in providing the software free of charge. I will certainly see what can be done to fix the bug and would be very happy to share a solution if we find one.