Pulling IP Address geo location info thru to lead

Hi,

I have had a good search thru the forum but I have not found any answers for my questions.

When a someone visits my WP website, Mautic records the visit and gives a country and city location. But as soon as the an IP gets identified and converted to a lead (ie name, email address etc) I lose the geographical info.

How can I get the geo info passed thru to the lead when it is converted from anon IP address?

I am using the Allyde hosted version of Mautic.

Thanks

Hi,

I have had a good search thru the forum but I have not found any answers for my questions.

When a someone visits my WP website, Mautic records the visit and gives a country and city location. But as soon as the an IP gets identified and converted to a lead (ie name, email address etc) I lose the geographical info.

How can I get the geo info passed thru to the lead when it is converted from anon IP address?

I am using the Allyde hosted version of Mautic.

Thanks

Hello,

I just checked my mautic.com instance. I can see some identified leads that have the country flag next to them. Does this happen for all identified leads or just for some? We have to identify the pattern.

Hi,

No I get zero geographical data pulling through. When they are still anon ip’s I get country and often city as well, but as soon as they ID themselves that information seems to be dropped.

That’s odd, maybe contact their support directly.

Thanks I have.