New install on Wordpress site goes to 404 page

I have a Wordpress website and I’m doing a new install of Mautic into a new top-level directory.

When I browse to /mauticdirectory/ or /mauticdirectory/index.php I get redirected to the Wordpress 404 page.

I tried modifying the root .htaccess to stop processing rewrites to mauticdirectory, but that didn’t make any difference.

I created a new /testdirectory/ with a Hello World index.php file, and it works perfectly with no modification needed to the root .htaccess.

I suspect that I may need to modify the .htaccess file in the /mauticdirectory/, either for the initial configuration, or permanently, but I’m not sure what to do there.

I installed the Mautic files by copying the zip to the folder and expanding in the cPanel file manager.

Thanks

Your software
My Mautic version is: 5.03
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: 10.3.39-MariaDB
WHM/cPanel [110.0.24]

Issue has been resolved. Installed to a subdomain and that seemed to fix the problem. Also upgraded PHP to 8.1.

1 Like

Yes, the current installer probably still expects to run in the root of the domain. We needed always (also after updates) to update the .htaccess rules.

Anyway - an install in a subdomain is also much more recommended. This way WordPress and Mautic are better isolated from each other.