PostgreSQL option is not showing in Database Configration

I am installing mautic but in database connection option only MySQL, SQLite is giving.

But i want to use PostgreSQL. I have already install postgre sql and I have un commented this “extension=php_pgsql.dll”. But still not getting postgre sql option.

What will i Do?

I am installing mautic but in database connection option only MySQL, SQLite is giving.
But i want to use PostgreSQL. I have already install postgre sql and I have un commented this “extension=php_pgsql.dll”. But still not getting postgre sql option.

What will i Do?

Make sure you have the Postgres PHP extension installed and enabled.

http://php.net/manual/en/pgsql.installation.php

I have enabled it. But when database configuration screen is come during installation process in step -1 its not show the postgres sql option…

Have you restarted the server?

I have to write any connection string for that???

Not sure what you mean by that. But every time you change the server configuration, you have to restart it so the change applies.

yes i am starting every time. but its not showing PostgreSQL sql option…

It is possible if now i install the mautic with mysql then change the database to PostgreSQL.???

If Mautic installation doesn’t show the postgres option, it means that the PHP postgres extension is not visible for PHP. Installing with MySql won’t change that.

Top secret information from the dev team: Postgres is used in less than 1% of Mautic installation. The dev team is considering to drop the postgres support so they could save some time implementing some necessary SQL queries 2 times which Doctrine cannot handle and optimize for MySql only. So I’d suggest to install Mautic with MySql anyway.

Hi @escopecz! If this is true, please why not give this into manual or installer? (if you have only postgresql driver installed you do not see that MySQL is the recommended option) Is there any way how to migrate from one database to another? I do not want to be screwed up later when postgresql driver will be removed.

Btw using PostgreSQL has one big advantage - it scales better and has much better execution plans for complex queries. However if it is true that only 1% of users uses postgresql then supporting only postgresql is not an option. (btw. GitLab for example supports only PostgreSQL)

Good questions and good points.

The installer maybe should be changed to show all DB driver options and show a warning if the driver is not installed. Please, create a GH issue for it.

I googled around and found this tool to convert PostgreSQL dump into MySql: http://www.lightbox.ca/pg2mysql.php

Do you have some statistics supporting your statement? Maybe if we’d show them to the Mautic users, they’d use Postgres more often. Right now it is 0.7% which is quite small number to support it.

Kindly provide manual instructions to allow installation on postgresql. Environment that i am in has only postgres a a db option at this time