Queued without queue-Settings

Our Mautic System is configured to directly send emails without any queue settings.

Yesterday I sent the first email to about 22.000 contacts. 53 were queued, the rest were sent.
Today I sent the second email to about 22.000 contacts. While sending the email the progress stopped at 14.000 contacts and didn’t move on. So I canceled the sending process and the overview shows that ALL pending emails are now queued. I can’t send them again because the button doesn’t work and the queue doesn’t move any mail to sent status.

If i click on the queued button in the overview, the systems says that there are no results on the queue list.

Question:

• Why is there a queue when the system is configured without any queue settings?
  • How can i get the emails out of the queue and sent to the contacts?
  • Why does the system show a queue list, but can’t show which contacts are on it?

I add some more questions:

Why shows a contact in the event-history in contact details an queued email even if this email is deleted?

Is a queued email send even when the original email is deleted?

Will the queued emails ever been send?

Hi, queued emails are sent by mautic:messages:send command when the contact preferences allow it.

Hi Joey,

thanks for your reply. But how can an email be queued when the system-setting is set to “send immediately”?

Because this queue is not that queue :slight_smile:
Queue for email sending method means an email will be placed into the cmapaign trigger to the spool and emails will QUEUE there until they are sent by the emails:send command.
Queued email in the channels view means, that your email is planned to be sent. (Maybe the word postponed would be better…) It is only planned because it cannot be sent right now due to frequency reasons. Once an email is in the ‘postponed’ mode, you can only send it out with the messages:send command.

Maybe I should do a video about it.

2 Likes

Hi Joey,

thanks for your reply. And good idea for a video ;-).

Queued email in the channels view means, that your email is planned to be sent. (Maybe the word postponed would be better…) It is only planned because it cannot be sent right now due to frequency reasons.

Thanks for this explanation. Unfortunately I still don’t understand… I don’t have defined any frequency setting. Yes there was the default setting with 0 per day, but I changed this to 99 per day. But the mails are still queued.

Once an email is in the ‘postponed’ mode, you can only send it out with the messages:send command.

Hhmm… I think we don’t have defined this cron. I thought this is the same as the mautic:emails:send, but I see the difference in documentation at Message queue | Mautic.

But in your article at Advanced Cronjobs Guide for Mautic – Joey Keller there is nothing about this cron ;-).

Can you recommend an interval for this cron?

And one addition: Is there a way to delete these postponed emails? In my case I don’t want that these “old” mails are sended two days too late.