Re-read campaign tasks added to a campaign already started

Hello,
I don’t know what to really think about the feature that a campaign runs only till the point to where the user was added to the campaign.
My experience is, that sometimes I don’t have all the information setting up a campaign completely and that some tasks are added along the running of the campaign.

Is the only way to do this via another campaign, or can I trigger a re-read of the added tasks to contacts already present in the campaign?

There must be a hack directly via editing the SQL table…

Kind regards

Christian

Hi, yes, there is a hack.
You can for example add an event (let’s say add tag) with date 2063 April 5 as the last event in your list. Then you let your campaign run.

Let’s say 10 people are by this event already, and you decide to add more.

You can add 3 more events, the campaign, add another event with 2063 April 6.
Then you go into MySQL and replce all events with the schedule 2063. April 5 to let’s say 5 min in the future.

You can clean up your campaign later.

It’s a pain in the butt, but works.

Many thanks Joey!

Phew! That sounds like a hassle. Than maybe it’s better to add a tag to the contacts which don’t have all the campaign tasks in their upcoming events list and clone the campaign and delete all the tasks this contacts run through already, right?

Kind regards

Christian

Yeah, you asked for a hack, I gave you a hack :slight_smile:

The problem is the following:
When contacts move ahead in the campaign, the next event is scheduled immediatley. In other words the event will have a scheduled date / time value.

If this is the last event, and it is completed complete it, there is no next event to be scheduled.

When the new actions are added, then those won’t have a scheduled value, so they never ‘start’ (or better to say continue.)

There could be a solution where you say trigger this now for those contacts, who would get this if this would have been added before they were at the end of the campaign:

Many, many thanks Joey!
This sounds like a better solution. I can’t imagine, I’m the one having this issue. I mean, you never know exactly all the details of a campaign during the planning phase.
Like my last one, I found that it would be handy sending out another email at the end of each day.

The ‘Trigger this NOW for those who qualify’ is missing in my 4.4.10 version. Is this only in the 5.x branch?
I have no problems switching to the development branch, if you can tell, that it is not crashing or having any really bad behavior…

addAction

Maybe I wasn’t clear before.

“There could be a solution where you say trigger this now for those contacts, who would get this if this would have been added before they were at the end of the campaign:”

This is not implemented yet.

But in a few weeks? :wink: