Editing Live Campaign

I have a campaign that is and has been live for a couple of weeks. Initially the campaign contained 2 emails. These were set to fire on specific dates.

After week one worked as expected I went into the campaign against warnings from the system to add several more emails. These emails were also set to fire on specific dates (I am setting the dates so that emails fire every Monday morning since there does not seem to be another way to accomplish this).

The second email that was created initially also fired as expected on the following Monday.

After that the additional emails that were added after the campaign was launched have not fired. This was not completely unexpected since the system warns that editing the campaign after it has launched may cause problems.

Is this a problem with the way the campaign events are scheduled and unavoidable?

If so does the entire campaign (52 emails in this case) need to be added prior to the launch of the campaign? Or can something be done to get the additional emails to schedule so that a campaign can be “built” while it is running?

Thanks for any insights.

Hi @xenpanda

Yes. BUT: Afaiu this changed/added workflowpiece ONLY works for new Leads in the campaign. If I understood this correctly, the Lead will be given the whole Campain once he gets into it. All Changes afterwards will not go to the existing Leads. Sucks, I know.
I simply add another campain for new mails. Is effort but then it works

Enjoy :slight_smile:
OLAF

I have a campaign that is and has been live for a couple of weeks. Initially the campaign contained 2 emails. These were set to fire on specific dates.

After week one worked as expected I went into the campaign against warnings from the system to add several more emails. These emails were also set to fire on specific dates (I am setting the dates so that emails fire every Monday morning since there does not seem to be another way to accomplish this).

The second email that was created initially also fired as expected on the following Monday.

After that the additional emails that were added after the campaign was launched have not fired. This was not completely unexpected since the system warns that editing the campaign after it has launched may cause problems.

Is this a problem with the way the campaign events are scheduled and unavoidable?
If so does the entire campaign (52 emails in this case) need to be added prior to the launch of the campaign? Or can something be done to get the additional emails to schedule so that a campaign can be “built” while it is running?

Thanks for any insights.

Maybe my question was too convoluted. I will try to simplify.

Can additional events be added to a campaign after it has begun?

If so does anything need to be done aside from adding the additional future events?

I have a campaign that began with 2 email events (Week 1 and Week 2). Before the second event (email) was sent in week 2 I added email events for week 3, 4 and 5. Week 2 was sent as expected but week 3 did not get sent.

Is there a command that needs to be run via cron to update the campaign different from the command that creates the campaign events when the initial save is done?

Thanks.

Thanks for the response.

Too bad. Thats a major flaw in the design in my opinion.

I agree. I love the ActiveCampaign Feature that you can see, which Lead is in what step of the workflow, too