Editing an active campaign

Hey guys just wanted to check if I create a campaign with weekly sequenced emails and subscribe a list/users to the campaign, then edit the campaign after it has begun running, will the edits be applied to the leads currently in the campaign?

For example I might populate the campaign with 10-20 emails just to get the campaign started now, but want to add more emails to the campaign over the coming weeks/months and ensure that these additions will be received by everyone currently in the campaign .

thanks

Hey guys just wanted to check if I create a campaign with weekly sequenced emails and subscribe a list/users to the campaign, then edit the campaign after it has begun running, will the edits be applied to the leads currently in the campaign?

For example I might populate the campaign with 10-20 emails just to get the campaign started now, but want to add more emails to the campaign over the coming weeks/months and ensure that these additions will be received by everyone currently in the campaign .

thanks

Hi Crankit

Campaigns won’t re-send emails to customers who’ve already received the email. So if you have a list of 20 leads and then add more leads to that list, or add another list to the campaign with the same leads, you don’t need to worry about the same leads receiving a duplicate email.

Thanks Chad, sorry i probably should have been clearer. I want to add additional email messages to the campaign over time and am wondering if the leads in the campaign will receive the NEW future sequenced messages if they were in the campaign before I added the new messages. All new messages would be time delay sequenced to be in the future…

@vizinho by now it probably would have been quicker to do a trial :wink: I’m interested as well. If there are no other comments, I will probably test it in a couple of days.

I’ll tell you in 9 days, as I have just done this with my campaign.

The BEST resource I have found that gives me some confidence this will work, is here.

I can’t guarantee all those answers are correct, but if they are, your emails should go out fine. The thread also covers a bunch of very interesting fringe cases where it’s hard to predict what will occur. Definitely worth a few read throughs.

OK, so it appears my email did NOT go out after adding a Send Email event to the campaign. I’m not really sure why, it seems like it should work that way.

I’ve updated the campaign to schedule the email for a specific date and time instead of on a drip delay. I’ll report back in 42 minutes.

OK, so disappointingly, no email went out in either scenario.

I just tested this with my installation too. Would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for this capability. The campaign builder rocks, but I don’t always have my emails figured out. So I thought I could just keep adding them, but now I’m finding that this isn’t the case.

Wondering if this scenario would work:

I have a campaign where every email is sent based on a did or did not open action from the last. It seems like adding emails in that type of situation would in fact work, as long as they hadn’t hit the open.

Opps, I was counting on this working too.

I think mautic should allow to add new email In active campain and send it. Just like wrote @theatereleven not from beginning I have ready all emails. Sometimes I have to add new action under working campain.

Anyone from Mautic have a word on this? Just need to know if it’s in the works, or will never be the case. Thanks!

(Sorry to come back to this post, but I have the same question so it won’t be necessary to start a new discussion.)

When I have a campaign running and then add some more emails, will the subscribers get these new emails, or not?
If not what can be done for them to start receiving the emails?

It is needed to mention that the new emails are scheduled for the future - imagine today the person received email number 3 and I’m adding email number 10.

Thank you.

Any thought or idea?
Thanks!

Wondering about the same. Often one might not have the whole sequence of mails planned out many months ahead, so this would be very useful. Also, if you happen to set up an e-mail hat you’ll later have to delay it there’s seems to be no way to change that for current leads.

I’d like this too! I also created this discussion

Glad to see the discussion. In my experience. Emails don’t get sent so as trying to delete the sending of an Email in the future, you’ll have to delete the Email itself so mautic finds nothing to send.

I think when a user becomes part of a segment that is used for the source of a campaign you will notice the triggers that are activated for that contact regarding campaign actions like sending email.

So as soon as the contact is added to the segment, the campaign triggers “fire” and the emails appear to be “set” based on the current state of the campaign.

I too would like the ability to add more emails/actions to the campaign. I had to create a few campaigns that I realized needed editing, etc, and I have 18,000 people that won’t get the latest emails unless I create a second campaign and use the same segment as the trigger…

So for each new addition to a campaign I have to create a new campaign for the same segment…

Would second the idea of a “add” to action for the campaign. Now I am unsure what repercussions this may have, but would be an interesting discussion.

Checking back on this - sure would love a way to reset the triggers. If I have a 15 email campaign, and decide to add a 16th email, I want it to automatically get added into the works.

Just did a test with Mautic 2.9.2. If I have a campaign and add an email to the active campaign, the people already enrolled never get the new email.

So… the only thing I can think of: I could set all of the emails as marketing vs. transactional. Then when adding an email in the future, I could dump to a new campaign, toast the other one, and add everyone again. Then no one would get the dupes, but just the additions?

The problem with that, is the timing of the emails, etc in the campaign.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this?