Adding emails to a campaign while it's already running

I think I messed up.

I created a new campaign when I only had the first 4 emails ready, and it’s now going. Every new contact was getting the series of 4 emails. People are now opening email 4, so I want to add email 5, and so on.

My issue is, how do I add new emails to this campaign while making sure everyone who’s already part of the campaign keeps getting the new emails?

This is my setup:

Email 1: Sent in response to the form

Email 2: Sent after 3 days

Email 3: Sent after 7 days

Email 4: Sent after 14 days

If I add Email 5 to the loop and set it to be delivered after x days, it’s my understanding that people who are already signed up and have received Email 4 won’t be getting Email 5 (since all these emails are scheduled when contacts subscribe and Email 1 is sent).

Or will the contacts already on my list be getting Email 5?

I think I messed up.

I created a new campaign when I only had the first 4 emails ready, and it’s now going. Every new contact was getting the series of 4 emails. People are now opening email 4, so I want to add email 5, and so on.

My issue is, how do I add new emails to this campaign while making sure everyone who’s already part of the campaign keeps getting the new emails?

This is my setup:

Email 1: Sent in response to the form
Email 2: Sent after 3 days
Email 3: Sent after 7 days
Email 4: Sent after 14 days

If I add Email 5 to the loop and set it to be delivered after x days, it’s my understanding that people who are already signed up and have received Email 4 won’t be getting Email 5 (since all these emails are scheduled when contacts subscribe and Email 1 is sent).

Or will the contacts already on my list be getting Email 5?

Your understanding is correct. Only new contacts that get added to the campaign will get email 5 (and 1 thru 4) - everyone who has already joined the campaign will not.

If you create a new campaign for email 5, and modify your existing campaign like the example here, you can create a workaround.

Thank you, I’m reading your post right now and hopefully I can figure this out!