Recommendation on service to send email

We are currently using Amazon SES. It’s slow. Very slow.

Has anyone got recommendation on a service provider or setup that will allow us to send emails out faster than Amazon SES?

2 Likes

Hi, I use https://elasticemail.com/

1 Like

Do you use the normal account or the PRO version on Elastic mail?

I use normal account 0,09 per 1000 emails.

Hopefully, this thread will help. It allowed me to increse send rate with Amazon SES:
https://mautic.slack.com/archives/CD2BVAMBR/p1552445559099600?thread_ts=1552445559.099600&cid=CD2BVAMBR

We have used Sendgrid and Mailgun in the past, both very good. I did try elasticemail, however found that my open rate was not great there.

1 Like

@gregorybrad - Amazon SES is usually considered one of the better email services. In my experience with it, it sends as quickly as you would expect. What exactly is slow about it?

The issue could be your cronjobs running every 15 mins which is a common limit on shared hosting services. This may be the cause of your delay if you haven’t determined otherwise. If your cronjobs are limited, there are ways to get your cronjobs to run on an external service (for free) and have them execute every minute. DM me if this is something you’d be interested in setting up.

Hey @sourdoughbread

We are hosting on our side and i have the cronjobs set to run every minute or two.
I believe its a problem with the way its written that it sends it over SMTP and not the API.

I believe it’s due to be released soon, but i could patch things for now… but really dont want too. Dont know enough about the code base and how to do these patches they talk about.

It looks like it will only be added in 3.1

We have been using SparkPost and have been very happy with it. We are in the process of moving to Elastic Email (API) and here are a few observations…

1. Sending emails in SparkPost is faster. About 4 times faster
  2. Elastic Email will ignore the Mautic unsubscribe and add it own (big mess)
  3. If you plead with the Elastic Email they will remove the automatic unsubscribe from your account (big mess gone)

Your sendrate at Amazen SES seems to be low.
How many mails are you allowed to send daily?
You can ask to increase the sending quota then it will be faster for you even via SMTP.

And the other big difference is sending in Background. Mautic is WAY faster sending your Mails in the background then in the browser. So schedule your Newsletters instead of sending them via the “send now” button…

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

I know your answer was not for me, but I just wanted you to know its very helpful!

2 Likes

Hello @gary.harrison

If you are happy with SparkPost, why did you walk out?

How was/is your experience with Elastic?

Hi. Sparkpost is much more expensive than Elastic email. for our clients that send out 100k+ emails a day, we put them on SparkPost and charge them the difference. For someone sending out a few thousand a week, Elastic works great.

1 Like

Is the second time that Amazon banned my account without any reason for that. I did not have bounces or compliances at all and never passed the warning clip levels (sometimes people uses compliance instead clic in the link to unsubscribe).
I am thinking to install my own email services server. Any experience on that?
I have tried also an account in microsoft exchange but I had the problem that does not accept bounced mails (they reject the bounced mail addresses that Mautic sends)
I am sending not everyday but 10-20K mails per day for 10-20K users.
My Mautic systems are hosted in OVH

10-20k is a lot if you want to host your own server. You’ll need to work a lot on deliverability.

Forum post about a great email server:

Forum post about Warmup (It’s about SES, but gives you a good overview)

Good luck to you!
Joey