Reminder Emails in Campaigns

Hi,

I have a campaign that sends an email with a link to a form for the contact to submit.

When they have submitted the form, my campaign triggers their next email etc.

After 3 days, if the contact does not submit the form, the campaign then sends them a reminder email with the same link to the same form for them to submit.

If they submit the form from the reminder, all works great.

However “and heres the problem”! if they go back to the first email and submit the form from there, nothing happens, because they have branched out of the campaign path due to the reminder being sent.

I have attached a screen grab below so you can understand what is happening.

reminder.jpg

So my question is, what other method would be possible to prevent this issue with reminders?

Many Thanks

Scalar… sometimes there is no answer. Especially when the first bump didn’t get any responses. People read the forum and answer if they can help. I read yours, but didn’t experience a similar situation so far.
The problem seems to be a bit theoretical from my view. Yes it could be broken. But how likely will they to back to first email, after they just opened the reminder?

Bump again

Bump.
Can anyone help?

Hi,
I have a campaign that sends an email with a link to a form for the contact to submit.
When they have submitted the form, my campaign triggers their next email etc.
After 3 days, if the contact does not submit the form, the campaign then sends them a reminder email with the same link to the same form for them to submit.

If they submit the form from the reminder, all works great.
However “and heres the problem”! if they go back to the first email and submit the form from there, nothing happens, because they have branched out of the campaign path due to the reminder being sent.

I have attached a screen grab below so you can understand what is happening.

So my question is, what other method would be possible to prevent this issue with reminders?

Many Thanks

Wow, I just read this and have to say…Dirk have you ever dealt with real users? I would think this is a very common problem. When I get reminders I oftentimes go back to the initial emails to remind me what and why I’m doing something. There may be ways to mitigate that risk, like writing “please use the latest links”, “Ignore the previous emails” etc, but users (in all their non-existent wisdom) will confound you and do everything you tell them not to.

I’m not suggesting there should be a solution but just brushing it under the carpet with a “it’s a hypothetical problem” isn’t a constructive response.