Rewrite Outgoing Links of Email Body

Well, this is one of the standard email marketing practice, which, many of email service providers has implemented. Also, having this practices / facility in place enables emails to land safely inside inbox of subscriber. I will explain this feature now.

When you compose email and add any external url link to the body of email, Mautic should automatically rewrite that URL with unique URL structure of the domain name, on which Mautic is hosted. Same practice should also go with external images. If someone tries to add an image which is outside the Mautic hosted domain, then, Mautic should automatically import that image in a folder and change that link with self hosted link.

For example, if Mautic is hosted at domain xyz.com, then, the external link like, abc.com/test added to the email, should change to, say, xyz.com/link/xxaaxx, inside the email body.

Having this feature, you can also implement link click tracking of the sent email campaigns.

Do let me know if you have understood this important feature. Or, I will try explain it in better way.

Cheers!

Well, this is one of the standard email marketing practice, which, many of email service providers has implemented. Also, having this practices / facility in place enables emails to land safely inside inbox of subscriber. I will explain this feature now.

When you compose email and add any external url link to the body of email, Mautic should automatically rewrite that URL with unique URL structure of the domain name, on which Mautic is hosted. Same practice should also go with external images. If someone tries to add an image which is outside the Mautic hosted domain, then, Mautic should automatically import that image in a folder and change that link with self hosted link.

For example, if Mautic is hosted at domain xyz.com, then, the external link like, abc.com/test added to the email, should change to, say, xyz.com/link/xxaaxx, inside the email body.

Having this feature, you can also implement link click tracking of the sent email campaigns.

Do let me know if you have understood this important feature. Or, I will try explain it in better way.

Cheers!

Then how to redirect from email to external link?