Schedule and re-schedule e-mail in campaign send action

Hi,

In order to test and then execute a campaign I did the following:

• Create simple campaign to send out a single email
  • Add a test segment
  • Scheduled the send action to a specific date and time (it was yesterday 7pm)
  • Wait until the email was sent out to the test segment, review it to make sure everything works fine
  • Change the send action to the date when the email should be sent out (it was today at 7am)
  • Add the production segment

Result: Every email was sent out three times to contacts in the production segment today at 7am.

What happened?

Peter

PS: The email was marked as transactional email. Maybe marketing email would have helped - still wong behavior of the system, I guess.

Hi,

In order to test and then execute a campaign I did the following:

• Create simple campaign to send out a single email
  • Add a test segment
  • Scheduled the send action to a specific date and time (it was yesterday 7pm)
  • Wait until the email was sent out to the test segment, review it to make sure everything works fine
  • Change the send action to the date when the email should be sent out (it was today at 7am)
  • Add the production segment

Result: Every email was sent out three times to contacts in the production segment today at 7am.

What happened?

Peter

PS: The email was marked as transactional email. Maybe marketing email would have helped - still wong behavior of the system, I guess.