URGENT: Prevent E-Mail Sendout

Hi,

I created a campaign to send out one single email to a segment with leads.

I scheduled the email to be sent out tomorrow at 8am (I timed the campaign action). After that I enabled the campaign and the contacts were added. Some minutes ago I decided it would be more clever to send out the email today. For that I updated the campaign action to today 8am. The emails were successfully sent out.

BUT: The emails are still in the upcoming email applet on my dashboard to be sent out tomorrow at 8am. Now I am really afraid that the email will be sent out again to all leads.

• I disabled the campaign
  • I tried to remove the contacts from the campaign (the actual campaign was not displayed?)
  • The emails were marked as marketing emails
  • As Mautic sends out every campaign action only once, the email should not go out twice

All this would mean that I am on the safe side. However, the emails are still marked as upcoming.

What should I do?

Thanks, P.

Hi,

I created a campaign to send out one single email to a segment with leads.

I scheduled the email to be sent out tomorrow at 8am (I timed the campaign action). After that I enabled the campaign and the contacts were added. Some minutes ago I decided it would be more clever to send out the email today. For that I updated the campaign action to today 8am. The emails were successfully sent out.

BUT: The emails are still in the upcoming email applet on my dashboard to be sent out tomorrow at 8am. Now I am really afraid that the email will be sent out again to all leads.

• I disabled the campaign
  • I tried to remove the contacts from the campaign (the actual campaign was not displayed?)
  • The emails were marked as marketing emails
  • As Mautic sends out every campaign action only once, the email should not go out twice

All this would mean that I am on the safe side. However, the emails are still marked as upcoming.

What should I do?

Thanks, P.

So, were the emails sent twice?

I didn’t want to challenge that! :slight_smile:

Shortly after I posted I recognized that, in fact, the emails were not sent out although the campaign send email action displayed 100%. I then deleted the campaign and setup a new one.

I will try to reproduce this and log an issue in Git if I succeed.

Maybe it is just a frontend bug and the emails wouldn’t be sent out?

D.

Could be. I think it was a f***up with me playing around with the dates (campaign start date, campaign end date, email send action date).