Send a segment mail partly?

I have an email to send to all of my 30000 subscribes. I create a segment that includes all email and a segment email is ready. But I don’t want to send to all at once. I want to send this email to maximum 5000 subscriber per day, then it will take 6 days to complete the email . How to do this? I don’t see any pause button when sending a segment email?

Nice to be here with you guys, let’s make a great community.

My blog: https://fususu.com/en/ My fb: https://fb.com/fususuvn

I have an email to send to all of my 30000 subscribes. I create a segment that includes all email and a segment email is ready. But I don’t want to send to all at once. I want to send this email to maximum 5000 subscriber per day, then it will take 6 days to complete the email . How to do this? I don’t see any pause button when sending a segment email?

Nice to be here with you guys, let’s make a great community.
My blog: https://fususu.com/en/ My fb: https://fb.com/fususuvn

Any idea?

Today I came up with a idea. I split my subscribes by create segments that filter email starts with letter a, b, c, d, e… then send each part serparatedly.

Is there any way better than this? How to split subcribers into equal chunk?

Nice to be here with you guys, let’s make a great community!
My Blog: FuSuSu.com/en/
My Best Recommend For Mautic: ElasticeMail + Vultr VPS.

Hey,

if you have a self-hosted Mautic instance with access to DB, you could probably add a custom field in Mautic and, then, write a query on the DB to populate this field with a number corresponding to your chunk (1 out of 6).

Then, you can generate 6 segments where the filter is “segment membership - including - yourSegment” AND “custom field - equals - 1” (or 2/3/4/5/6).

Best,
D

[quote=26786:@denispavliha]Hey,

if you have a self-hosted Mautic instance with access to DB, you could probably add a custom field in Mautic and, then, write a query on the DB to populate this field with a number corresponding to your chunk (1 out of 6).

Then, you can generate 6 segments where the filter is “segment membership - including - yourSegment” AND “custom field - equals - 1” (or 2/3/4/5/6).

Best,
D[/quote]

Thanks for your idea. I use self-host Mautic instance and have access to DB. But can this solution work automatically when new contact arrive? Or I must do the query manually? It’s a bit technical, can you write the query here?

My Best Recommend For Mautic: ElasticeMail +Vultr VPS.

No, my proposal was a one-time manipulation, thus not automatic and not updating after new leads arrive.

To do so, you should probably generate a trigger on your database that would automatically populate this field “ON LEADS.INSERT” or similar.

You should divide the ID field by the number that generates you the appropriate number of segments, and use this result to populate the new field.

Sorry, I am rather busy at the moment, so it would take me too much time to write your query. Maybe you can do some research of integer division (div/mod) and how to write triggers. I’m sure you can do it.

Best,
D.

[quote=26871:@denispavliha]No, my proposal was a one-time manipulation, thus not automatic and not updating after new leads arrive.

To do so, you should probably generate a trigger on your database that would automatically populate this field “ON LEADS.INSERT” or similar.

You should divide the ID field by the number that generates you the appropriate number of segments, and use this result to populate the new field.

Sorry, I am rather busy at the moment, so it would take me too much time to write your query. Maybe you can do some research of integer division (div/mod) and how to write triggers. I’m sure you can do it.

Best,
D.[/quote]
Thank you for your proposal! I’ll try to figure it out :slight_smile:

My Best Recommend For Mautic: ElasticeMail +Vultr VPS.