"Sending in progress" does not actually progress

Hello, everyone!
I’m finding that my “Sending in progress” fails at some point during the email campaign. I’ll press “Send” on the email to process 100 per batch and the installation will send 300-500 of the 17,000 customer emails in that campaign but then stops. I don’t get any error message, but the webpage will show “Sending in progress” with the progress bar stuck at 500. I’ll refresh the page (or go back and restart), but it never works through the entire list.

Any ideas of what’s going on? Let me know if there’s any additional information that will be helpful. Thank you for the help!

Dont send that kind of amount via the GUI. Schedule the mail so it will be sent in the background. Make sure you set up the cron for scheduling: mautic:broadcasts:send

Thank you for the note! Do I schedule the mail through Channels > Emails or through Campaigns?

Through channels >emails > publish date

I’m looking through the recommended cron jobs here and am following the instructions explained under " Send Scheduled Broadcasts (e.g. segment emails)."

I would change ID and CHANNEL to whatever paraemeters I want for my installation, right?

No, you don’t have to schedule the email, you can queue up the email instead of sending it immediately. Click the settings icon -> Configuration -> Email setting, then change “How Should Email be Handled?” to Queue.

Make sure the queue cron is in place

Hi, I just wrote a piece on this, that covers your issue.

https://forum.mautic.org/t/matching-ses-send-rate/6783/6

Regards:
Joey