I’m trying to install mautic on a Windows Server. After copying the folder and hitting the following URL I get this error:

https://www.switchmyloan.com.au/mautic/index.php

The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.

System administrators, check server logs for errors.

First of all, we have php 5.3.19 (requires 5.3.7+) and mySQL 5.2 (requires 5.0+)

You can see (by pressing F12 and looking at the network tab) it works ‘for a little bit’ in that it starts to request other files… then it bombs out.

There is nothing in the IIS log apart from the requests for files. I have php logging turned on and there are no logs there. There is nothing related to this in the event viewer.

What could be wrong?

I’m trying to install mautic on a Windows Server. After copying the folder and hitting the following URL I get this error:

https://www.switchmyloan.com.au/mautic/index.php

The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.
System administrators, check server logs for errors.

First of all, we have php 5.3.19 (requires 5.3.7+) and mySQL 5.2 (requires 5.0+)

You can see (by pressing F12 and looking at the network tab) it works ‘for a little bit’ in that it starts to request other files… then it bombs out.

There is nothing in the IIS log apart from the requests for files. I have php logging turned on and there are no logs there. There is nothing related to this in the event viewer.
What could be wrong?

I think the problem can be that IIS doesn’t use .htaccess but some other config file. You’ll probably have to crate that config file. Sadly, I’m not able to tell you more. I haven’t tried IIS and I try to avoid it with all my heart :wink: If I were you, I’d just use any linux server to avoid these troubles, but you probably have some reason to use IIS.

I’d also recommend to use at least PHP 5.5. PHP 5.3 hit the end of life a year ago and PHP 5.4 will hit it next month (http://php.net/supported-versions.php). I’m certain Mautic will drop support for PHP 5.3 in near future.

I had the same problem but with a recent linux installation. It turned out to be a permissions problem with the newly unzipped folder structure. I changed the permissions of the whole unzipped mautic directory to the apache username and it then worked. Could be that permission are the same problem for IIS.

Discovered this from the Error log in Apache:
[Fri Aug 21 13:23:12.620045 2015] [:error] [pid 7163] [client 115.70.176.1:54468] exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message ‘Unable to create the cache directory (/var/www/html/mautic/app/cache/prod)n’ in /var/www/html/mautic/app/bootstrap.php.cache

When I had this problem I realized that the problem is in the folder permissions. I ran the command “chown -R apache / path / of / mautic” and the problem was solved.

olha isso nada mais é do que permissões de pastas principalmente pra quem tenta fazer a instalação em um servidor linux.
quebrei bastante a cabeça mais consegui com esses seguintes comandos:
chown -R apache / path / of /caminho da pasta onde esta os arquivos do mautic

espero ter ajudado.

1 Like