Mautic Community Forums

SMS Replies via Twilio Webhook

Mautic 3.3.3, ec2 server, ubuntu 20.4, apache

Does anyone know if you need to turn something on in order to RECEIVE sms replies via twilio?

I followed the instructions here: SMS Text Messages | Mautic
for setting up the webhook in Twilio and I have verified that Twilio receives the reply and attempts to send it to https://myurl.online/sms/twilio/callback. However, it always results in a 500 server error.

Twilio plugin is turned on (so I can send SMS no problem).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

We will be able to help you better if you give us more details about the 500 error, like the logs

Thanks, @nsomaru

I just replied to a text message with a return text message (which didn’t go through to mautic), and I can see this in the UI error log for the same time my text was sent (the one in mautic, not the server).

[2021-07-28 21:32:58] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\UndefinedFunctionException: "Attempted to call function "mb_strcut" from namespace "libphonenumber"." at /var/www/html/vendor/giggsey/libphonenumber-for-php/src/Matcher.php line 72 {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\UndefinedFunctionException(code: 0): Attempted to call function \"mb_strcut\" from namespace \"libphonenumber\". at /var/www/html/vendor/giggsey/libphonenumber-for-php/src/Matcher.php:72)"} []

Looking like you’re missing the php mbstring package. Depending on your OS and deployment, a google search should direct you on how to install it.

For Ubuntu 20.04 and php 7.4 it should be: sudo apt-get install php7.4-mbstring

@nsomaru Thank you. That was exactly it, though I’m running php7.3, so adjusted your code accordingly and then verified it was enabled with php -i | grep mbstring