smtp not sending

Great product!

We’re able to send emails using normal phpmail but when we try using a smtp service (same server as Mautic installation, cPanel shared server), in configuration it says connection succeeded and I am also able to send an email using the test email, but it does not deliver when we try and send a marketing / list email. The log gives the following:

[2015-11-16 09:40:48] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Sending failed for one or more recipients Log data: ++ Starting Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport … RCPT TO: << 550-Verification failed for 550-Unrouteable address 550 Sender verify failed !! Expected response code 250/251/252 but got code “550”, with message "550-Verification failed for 550-Unrouteable address 550 Sender verify failed " >> RSET << 250 Reset OK [] []

It’s important to note that the test email does go through, it’s only when we try and use it with a example send from the email dashboard. The username and password is also correct and authenticating correctly. Any ideas?

Great product!

We’re able to send emails using normal phpmail but when we try using a smtp service (same server as Mautic installation, cPanel shared server), in configuration it says connection succeeded and I am also able to send an email using the test email, but it does not deliver when we try and send a marketing / list email. The log gives the following:

[2015-11-16 09:40:48] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Sending failed for one or more recipients Log data: ++ Starting Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport … RCPT TO: << 550-Verification failed for 550-Unrouteable address 550 Sender verify failed !! Expected response code 250/251/252 but got code “550”, with message "550-Verification failed for 550-Unrouteable address 550 Sender verify failed " >> RSET << 250 Reset OK [] []

It’s important to note that the test email does go through, it’s only when we try and use it with a example send from the email dashboard. The username and password is also correct and authenticating correctly. Any ideas?

I think I found the issue but not sure how to address it.

The test email being sent uses the correct username but when the marketing / list mails is sent, it for some reason rewrites the from email to address+bounce_1231l123123@example.com (the +bounce_123123123 is appended). This causes our server to not be able to verify the email address.

What is the workaround here?

Anyone?

It seems you’ve configured the bounce emails as well?

https://www.mautic.org/docs/emails/bounce_management.html

Try to disable that feature for a while if it works without it.

Team,

Was this resolved? I am having the same error msg and I have not activated or configure the bounce emails.

What I noticed is happening on domains other than .com

I asked the hosting company I use to revise the Exim to authorize the Bulk mail. And at the end they did not find anything. The hosting I sue is namecheap.

If you have an idea on what could it be please advise.

Have a great day!