Stop Mautic from writing 29850 db entries for emails

My Mautic version is: none
My PHP version is: 7.23
My Database type and version is: MariaDB

Hey errebody!

I’m thinking about switching to Mautic, and my understanding is that when Mautic sends out an email, it also saves a ‘copy’ of that email to the DB, which includes every image and everything else included in every users email.

This, to me, is crazy… and not something that I would ever want. Obviously, this necessitates some DB cleanup after some time, but I’m wondering if there would be some way to stop this from happening at all.

It seems like I could significantly save on server recourses if I wasn’t even writing these DB entries… which would of course free me from having to delete them.

If I’m confused, please let me know!

Thank you for your time and help with this!

Hi,

for my marketers the content of the email is very much needed later, so this is a feature not a bug :slight_smile:
But if you don’t need the data, you can clean it out using this for example:

Sure, but cleaning out is considerably different than never consuming the server resources to write these entries to begin with.

Perhaps this would also help mautic to send large amounts of mail faster?

Edit: Also, just out of curiosity, for what reason would a marketer need to see the images sent to a specific customer?

Well, not just images, but the tokens have to be saved. If you have any custom field, that contains important information (Pin code, QR Code, Personalized offer, etc), then it needs to be saved.
Moreover if you click on webview, then this info is used to show the web version.
This part of mautic is not optimized for huge bulk sends