submit form, entered into 2 segments, not all emails being received

I wonder if someone could help steer me in the right direction with logic for some funnels. This is a little complicated (for me), but I’ll do my best to describe as well as I can. I have a welcome segment which is universal - whoever submits a form for the first time on my site will receive the 3 emails in this segment - if they have already received these for a previous download/purchase, they will never receive them again. When the user downloads /purchases a product, they will be placed into a segment containing educational emails AS WELL AS the welcome segment. The educational segment sends the product immediately, then checks for welcomed tags (have they previously received the welcome series?) and if they have not, pauses for 3 days until they have received these emails, but if they have already received the welcome email on a previous occasion, it does not pause… it just sends the first educational email immediately. So, the problem I am having is that first email with the download is being sent (in the educational segment), then the welcome tags are being checked successfully and the welcome segment is executed if necessary, but after that, nothing. The subsequent emails are not being sent. The problem seems to be, I think, that the welcome series does not have a rule at the end to move the person to the next segment (when I put this rule in, it does work… sending them to the next segment). How do I structure the logic so that I can use a universal welcome sequence, then jump back to the other funnel?

I wonder if someone could help steer me in the right direction with logic for some funnels. This is a little complicated (for me), but I’ll do my best to describe as well as I can. I have a welcome segment which is universal - whoever submits a form for the first time on my site will receive the 3 emails in this segment - if they have already received these for a previous download/purchase, they will never receive them again. When the user downloads /purchases a product, they will be placed into a segment containing educational emails AS WELL AS the welcome segment. The educational segment sends the product immediately, then checks for welcomed tags (have they previously received the welcome series?) and if they have not, pauses for 3 days until they have received these emails, but if they have already received the welcome email on a previous occasion, it does not pause… it just sends the first educational email immediately. So, the problem I am having is that first email with the download is being sent (in the educational segment), then the welcome tags are being checked successfully and the welcome segment is executed if necessary, but after that, nothing. The subsequent emails are not being sent. The problem seems to be, I think, that the welcome series does not have a rule at the end to move the person to the next segment (when I put this rule in, it does work… sending them to the next segment). How do I structure the logic so that I can use a universal welcome sequence, then jump back to the other funnel?

Can you post a screenshot of the Campaign Builder to help us visualize the flow better? Thanks.