Launching new campaign - emails sent to existing list members?

Hi,

I am looking to create a new campaign based on list segments. All our buyers should start getting a series of emails.

Now I’ve only created campaigns based on forms so far and obviously only new subscribers of that form were add into the campaign work flow. I am nervous that by choosing the list segment, my current list members (all my buyers) will receive these emails as well.

Is that correct/incorrect? Basically I only want future buyers to become part of that campaign flow

thanks so much,

Johannes

Hi,

I am looking to create a new campaign based on list segments. All our buyers should start getting a series of emails.

Now I’ve only created campaigns based on forms so far and obviously only new subscribers of that form were add into the campaign work flow. I am nervous that by choosing the list segment, my current list members (all my buyers) will receive these emails as well.

Is that correct/incorrect? Basically I only want future buyers to become part of that campaign flow

thanks so much,
Johannes

As soon as you publish your campaign, all members of the segment will be added to it. If you only want future buyers to be part of it you’re going to need another segment.

Personally, I would use three segments to allow for greater flexibility:
New Buyers
Existing Buyers
All Buyers (using a filter to select members of the first two)

Thanks for the info! That’s important.

Problem is - how do you define a segment of buyers? The only way I found how to is to create a filter with ‘phone’ set to ‘yes’ because that’s what only buyers had associated to their name/email. How do I create a segment for new buyers?

How about creating a Custom Field “Current Customer” and in your form where a customer makes a purchase, create a hidden field setting that value to True? Then for your buyers segment, filter by that custom field.