Switching databases

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: MariaDB 10.2

Your problem
My problem is: I’ve been using a version of Mautic installed with Softaculous at InmotionHosting for quite some time. It never worked well - I didn’t know quite how well it was supposed to work until I installed a version in a VPS myself. Due to my lack of faith in the first version I was using, I opted to create a fresh DB and then import my contact information from date that I exported.

I’d like to move the old data to my VPS so that I can look at the information there (like contact notes) if I ever need it. Is there a way to re-run on-demand the Mautic startup wizard that prompts for the database name?

Thanks,
Robert

Not that I know of and if you enter the previous database name in Mautic setup, it will wipe the database clean and start fresh.

Your best bet is to export the database from Softaculous version into SQL file and then setup Mautic in VPS version. Once you complete the Mautic first time setup, import the SQL file into the fresh installed database and be sure to empty your cache folder.

When I look at my Mautic log, I see so many DB errors, I just have no confidence in the old DB. I want to start with something fresh. Is there a file somewhere that sets the database name, username, and password?

local.php I believe is the file

if I recalled correctly, it should be in your /app/config/ folder unless Softaculous installed it in a different folder.