Tag Conditions

Hi there,

I have a situation where I would like to have my campaign trigger certain actions based on the tags set for the user.

For example, I have about 40 possible tags that can all trigger different things. So for example, if one of my users has a an issue with their car, I add them to the list for that specific issue. BUT what happens when they have 10 issues with their car?? I have to add them to all 10 lists, and they get emailed immediately 10 times, 1 for each issue. That seems sorta spammy.

I was thinking that I could tag each user with their issues and then add the user to an “issues” mailing list. Then based on the tags for that user I can send different emails at different times to stagger them a bit. Or have conditions where if (tag 1, 2, 3) send email 1, etc, so I can combine the tags to form a multiple condition and then send a larger email “summary” of their issues.

I hope this makes sense!

I would also find dynamic emails helpful. For example with the “issues” above, I would like to include/exclude paragraphs in the email based on the tags that the user has. If issue 1, include paragraph X, issue 2 etc. Like a tempting engine (twig for example) that can segment content depending on data.

I see that I can do this with lead fields, but then I am adding so many fields it could get unwieldy and I would have to keep adding fields over time as I expand. Tags can be pretty dynamic.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

John

Hi there,

I have a situation where I would like to have my campaign trigger certain actions based on the tags set for the user.

For example, I have about 40 possible tags that can all trigger different things. So for example, if one of my users has a an issue with their car, I add them to the list for that specific issue. BUT what happens when they have 10 issues with their car?? I have to add them to all 10 lists, and they get emailed immediately 10 times, 1 for each issue. That seems sorta spammy.

I was thinking that I could tag each user with their issues and then add the user to an “issues” mailing list. Then based on the tags for that user I can send different emails at different times to stagger them a bit. Or have conditions where if (tag 1, 2, 3) send email 1, etc, so I can combine the tags to form a multiple condition and then send a larger email “summary” of their issues.

I hope this makes sense!

I would also find dynamic emails helpful. For example with the “issues” above, I would like to include/exclude paragraphs in the email based on the tags that the user has. If issue 1, include paragraph X, issue 2 etc. Like a tempting engine (twig for example) that can segment content depending on data.

I see that I can do this with lead fields, but then I am adding so many fields it could get unwieldy and I would have to keep adding fields over time as I expand. Tags can be pretty dynamic.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

John

Hi Trops, I have the same problems/doubts how do you solve?

There is already this feature request created: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1293

thanks that’s what I need