Timeout issue with mail sending

Is anyone else having this issue?

Connection could not be established with host smtp.mandrillapp.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting MauticCoreBundleSwiftmailerTransportMandrillTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.mandrillapp.com [Connection timed out #110]

++ Starting MauticCoreBundleSwiftmailerTransportMandrillTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.mandrillapp.com [Connection timed out #110]

This is the error message when testing the connection to Mandrill but same issue with Amazon SES or any SMTP service.

I’m running a self hosted solution.

Issue doesn’t happen on localhost or on Mautic Hosted solutions.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Connection could not be established with host smtp.mandrillapp.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting MauticCoreBundleSwiftmailerTransportMandrillTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.mandrillapp.com [Connection timed out #110]
++ Starting MauticCoreBundleSwiftmailerTransportMandrillTransport !! Connection could not be established with host smtp.mandrillapp.com [Connection timed out #110]

This is the error message when testing the connection to Mandrill but same issue with Amazon SES or any SMTP service.

I’m running a self hosted solution.

Issue doesn’t happen on localhost or on Mautic Hosted solutions.

I had that problem on my vps and it was because I had to configure iptables to allow outgoing port 587.

If you ssh then try

telnet smtp.mandrillapp.com 587

Does it timeout as well?

Thanks!
Alan

Will check it in the morning when I get to a machine with my keys on it.

Managed to get in and yep you were right. Owe you a hug. You guys should implement a +hug system

Haha. Glad that was it!